Chief Business Officer
Job no: 492440
Work Type: Staff full-time
Categories: Executive, Finance, Staff
ACU is affiliated with the fellowship of the Church of Christ. All applicants must be professing Christians and willing to support the Christian mission and purpose of Abilene Christian University while employed by the university.
|Title of Position
||Chief Business Officer
||Abilene Christian University - Abilene Campus
||A. Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct, and evaluate ACU’s fiscal function and performance.
B. Provide strategic leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure the successful planning and implementation of ACU’s long range campus development and facilities projects as well as the day to day operations of those areas.
C. Provide the leadership and vision for auxiliary revenues to grow these areas and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency.
A. Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization's fiscal function and performance
1. Enhance and/or develop, implement, and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of ACU
2. Review endowment management strategies and policies to ensure coordination with university’s financial goals
3. Maintain and improve the confidence of financial institutions, rating agencies, foundations, governmental bodies, and accrediting agencies
B. Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization's physical infrastructure and facilities to support ACU’s 21st Century Vision as a premier university.
1. Oversee Operations and Facilities management team to keep plans on track and on budget to meet projected completion dates.
2. Act as a liaison to President, the Senior Leadership Team and the Board of Trustees to keep them up to date on progress of new construction projects and campus development.
3. Establish credibility throughout the organization and with the Board as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges
C. Provide the leadership and vision for ACU’s auxiliary revenues to grow these areas and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency.
1. Participate in the development of ACU’s plans and programs as a strategic partner
2. Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision making issues affecting the organization
3. Evaluate and advise on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory action
|Professional Development Requirements
1. Strong PC skills including knowledge of spreadsheets, word-processing, and presentation packages
2. Strong organizational skills
3. Strong group presentation skills
4. Ability to manage multiple projects and adhere to deadlines
5. Strong written and verbal communication skills
6. Strong analytical and problem solving skills
B. Training Modules Required
1. Ongoing CPE to maintain CPA certificate (if applicable)
2. Regular reading in higher education publications
3. Participation in higher education and cohort school meeting and conferences
1. Bachelors degree in accounting or finance
2. CPA preferred
3. MBA preferred
4. Minimum ten years experience in accounting/finance
5. Minimum five years experience in management role
6. Demonstrated ability to develop and successfully implement strategic projects
1. Strong sense of integrity
2. Ability to meet deadlines
3. Insistence on accuracy
||A. Sitting for long periods of time
B. Reading and working on computer for long periods of time
ACU does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, disability, genetic information, national or ethnic origin in employment opportunities, in keeping with applicable state and federal law.
ACU is committed to maintaining a safe and secure campus environment and protecting the university's financial and physical assets. Therefore, Abilene Christian University conducts background checks on all candidates for employment in security sensitive positions.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend