Senior Resident Advisor
Job no: 492450
Work Type: Student employee
Categories: Student Services
ACU is affiliated with the fellowship of the Church of Christ. All applicants must be professing Christians and willing to support the Christian mission and purpose of Abilene Christian University while employed by the university.
|Title of Position
||Senior Resident Advisor
|Hours per Week
||We are looking for a dedicated and responsible student who is passionate about community and relationship building. This is a position of service and ministry in many ways and we are looking for individuals who can assist in serving on a team and playing a role of leadership in that team.
|Position Description/ Job Duties
Essential Job Functions
1. Christ-Centered Leadership
· Actively pursue and model an uncompromising commitment to Jesus Christ.
· Serve as a leader to the RA staff; provide support, guidance, assistance, and mentorship
to RAs and residents.
· Lead, establish, and maintain a distinctive community of high integrity in dedicated
pursuit of Biblical principles.
· Establish and maintain communication and relationships with students living in your
· Serve as a paraprofessional helping resource, fully utilizing campus professionals and
· Be knowledgeable and able to direct students to appropriate campus resources, depending
on student need.
2. Advocacy for Christ-Centered Community
· Engage students in Christ-centered leadership activities, service opportunities, and social
events that promote their development as critically thinking people and scholars.
· Engage in “tough conversations” that assist in student development and uphold
distinctive community expectations that encourage students to become Christ-centered,
active and ethical leaders who think critically, globally, and missionally.
· Model, promote, and reinforce behavior consistent with the development of lifelong
learners of high academic achievement.
3. Advocacy for Social Justice/Diverse Perspectives
· Create a welcoming and comfortable living environment for the community.
· Create a residential environment that fosters open communication, freedom to question,
· Address issues of intolerance, hate and injustice in a thorough and prompt manner.
· Engage students in new activities that may open new perspectives on issues and topics.
4. Academic Partner
· Encourage residents to develop meaningful relationships with faculty and staff members,
outside of the classroom.
· Promote healthy and appropriate academic behaviors.
· Connect with supervisory staff to support each resident’s academic success and
communicate individual student needs.
5. Administrative Excellence
· Support residential community development through the completion of administrative
tasks, including information sharing with supervisory staff through written reports and
· Attend all trainings and leadership development opportunities, as well as participate in an
ongoing duty rotation, as needed.
· Model a commitment to spiritual, personal and professional development.
ACU does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, disability, genetic information, national or ethnic origin in employment opportunities, in keeping with applicable state and federal law.
ACU is committed to maintaining a safe and secure campus environment and protecting the university's financial and physical assets. Therefore, Abilene Christian University conducts background checks on all candidates for employment in security sensitive positions.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend