A. Hire, train, supervise, and develop student staff.
1. Interview candidates and administer testing for student employment, processing documentation for those hired.
2. Conduct new employee orientation for aquatic center staff.
3. Conduct monthly in-service training for lifeguards.
4. Assign work shifts to employees using SubItUp.
5. Process Banner timesheets submitted by students.
6. Ensure that all employee certifications are current.
7. Recertify lifeguards as needed
8. Certify and recertify all SRWC employees in CPR/AED/First Aid
B. Ensure a safe and clean environment in the aquatic center.
1. Document pool chemical test results.
2. Help guests who may become injured or ill.
3. Maintain systematic approach to cleaning aquatic center.
4. Purchase pool equipment and supplies as needed and complete appropriate documentation of purchases.
5. Stay current with laws, industry standards and best practices concerning aquatic center operations.
C. Schedule and coordinate all events in the aquatic center and develop new programs as needed.
1. Schedule all special events, parties, academic classes, camps and other programs that occur in the Aquatic Center.
2. Develop and maintain revenue generating programs.
3. Communicate all policies and procedures to participants using Aquatic Center.
4. Ensure appropriate staffing levels at all times, filling in as needed.
5. Document and report aquatic center usage data and perform occasional assessment related tasks.
6. Host lifeguard and first aid classes for the Abilene community
D. Oversee and maintain SRWC Memberships using Innosoft Fusion software.
1. Ensure appropriate access is granted to all members.
2. Communicate w/members regarding any questions or concerns with membership.
3. Manage services related to membership including locker service, towel service, and group exercise pass access.
4. Manage financial components of member services including deposits and charge to account transactions.
E. Manage special projects as determined by the Executive Director
1. Conduct research related to collegiate aquatic centers and membership management.
2. Assist with assessment and reporting.
F. Other responsibilities may be assigned