Director of University Access Programs
Job no: 492463
Work Type: Staff full-time
Categories: Staff, Student Services
ACU is affiliated with the fellowship of the Church of Christ. All applicants must be professing Christians and willing to support the Christian mission and purpose of Abilene Christian University while employed by the university.
|Title of Position
||Director of University Access Programs
||Abilene Christian University - Abilene Campus
||University Access Programs
||A. Planning and coordination of all program activities and services
B. Training and supervision of program staff
C. Liaison between program, Abilene Christian University administration and U. S. Department of Education
||A. Interview and initiate hiring or all staff members
B. Conduct staff meetings; initiate and coordinate staff training opportunities
C. Supervise, monitor, and evaluate performance of all program staff
D. Meet regularly with ACU administration to develop, manage and coordinate program activities and services
E. Disseminate information regarding program services and functioning to the university community
F. Supervise identification of ACU students eligible for program services and disseminate accurate and timely information to student population
G. Interview program applicants, identify those most in need and eligible for program services, and refer students for testing or other appropriate services to providers both on-and off-campus
H. Supervise documentation of student eligibility for services and services provided to program participants
I. Assist program coordinators with determining individual student needs and planning educational strategies to improve student performance
J. Provide accurate and timely reports regarding program effectiveness to U.S. Department of Education and to ACU Office of Institutional Research, as required by U.S. ED regulations and SACS accreditation requirements
|Professional Development Requirements
1. Ability to communicate effectively and clearly to staff, students, university administrators, and U.S. Department of Education personnel both orally and in written formats
2. Ability to design and manage multiple program budgets
3. Ability to analyze student needs and direct students to appropriate services
4. Proficiency in use of computer programs; specifically, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, email programs, and specific program software (Blumen)
B. Training Modules Required
1. Training in the use of Banner and Blumen software
2. U.S. Department of Education training for new directors
3. Other relevant trainings to be determined between director and supervisor
1. Master’s Degree in one or more of the following areas: Counseling and Guidance, Educational Administration, Teaching, Social Work or Sociology is required.
2. Three years of relevant experience (counseling, teaching, and program administration) is preferred.
3. Proficiency in using computers is required.
1. Interest in working with disadvantaged populations
2. Good organization and communication skills
3. Comfortable working with people, numbers, and technology
4. Good problem-solving skills
||A. Ability to manage moderate levels of stress
B. Ability to work at a computer for extended periods of time
ACU does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, disability, genetic information, national or ethnic origin in employment opportunities, in keeping with applicable state and federal law.
ACU is committed to maintaining a safe and secure campus environment and protecting the university's financial and physical assets. Therefore, Abilene Christian University conducts background checks on all candidates for employment in security sensitive positions.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend