Graduate Admissions Advisor
Job no: 492464
Work Type: Staff full-time
Categories: Admissions and Recruiting, Staff
ACU is affiliated with the fellowship of the Church of Christ. All applicants must be professing Christians and willing to support the Christian mission and purpose of Abilene Christian University while employed by the university.
|Title of Position
||Graduate Admissions Advisor
||A. Conducts student conversations and appointments to identify educational goals and disseminate program information to potential students.
B. Advising potential students about enrollment, transferability and applicability of previous education, program options, requirements and progress
C. Providing information on university policies, practices and rules, by using judgment and discretion
D. Assists potential students regarding financial obligations in partnership with university financial staff
E. Uses professional knowledge and perspective to relate new and potential students to establish professional rapport and add to the student experience
||A. Provides effective communication with potential and/or current students via telephone, email and/or in person.
B. Uses critical thinking and problem solving skills to address and resolve student issues and ensure positive student experiences. Addresses potential and/or current student concerns and seeks appropriate resolution to problems.
C. Assists the student by performing appropriate follow up and coordination with team members. This includes working with employees in a team environment and providing accurate student information and assistance to other team members in and/or outside of their functional area.
D. Monitors student participation and progress through the enrollment process to ensure that students are in alignment with University policies.
E. Is proactive in identifying potential barriers within the student enrollment process and initiates steps resulting in resolution.
F. Demonstrates personal and professional integrity (code of ethics?)
G. Assists students in making informed decisions by providing ethical, timely, accurate, and comprehensive enrollment options and program information.
H. Displays public support and pride in company initiatives, assists others in seeing the positive aspects of a new initiative and is seen by other members of team as a positive influence.
I. Assists with additional work duties or responsibilities as evident or required
J. Performs other duties as assigned or apparent.
|Professional Development Requirements
1. Possess high level knowledge of the higher education market and industry
2. Possess high level understanding of business, education, technology, counseling and/or nursing programs of study
3. Must be student and advisor oriented and have the ability to perform multiple tasks efficiently and effectively
4. Proven ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks efficiently and effectively
5. Customer service or advising experience in an educational environment entailing one on one interaction is highly preferred
6. Must possess a high level of interpersonal and communication skills to accurately convey University information as described above
7. Must have an excellent command of professional presentation skills and be comfortable presenting to groups both large and small
8. Must be self-motivated and be able to work effectively in a team environment
9. Computer literate and able to learn proprietary software applications
B. Training Modules Required
1. Complete New Hire Training Period
2. Technology Tools Training
3. Others as development needs dictate
1. Bachelor’s degree required. Masters preferred. (ACU graduate highly preferred)
2. Utilize critical thinking and problem solving skill
3. Goal oriented and
4. Goal oriented and driven to assist people with meeting their educational goals
5. Strong organizational skills
6. Ability to travel, must possess a valid driver's license.
7. Able to work flexible hours conducive to contacting students when available.
8. Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
||1. Must be able to use a telephone or headset equipment and able to perform work at a computer in a cubicle. Work is performed in an office environment; must have the ability to sit for long periods of time – 6- 8 hours.
2. May be required to the manual operation of general office equipment and lift up to 30 pounds.
3. Limited travel may be required – locations vary and some overnight travel may be necessary.
ACU does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, disability, genetic information, national or ethnic origin in employment opportunities, in keeping with applicable state and federal law.
ACU is committed to maintaining a safe and secure campus environment and protecting the university's financial and physical assets. Therefore, Abilene Christian University conducts background checks on all candidates for employment in security sensitive positions.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend