Job no: 492466
Work Type: Staff full-time
ACU is affiliated with the fellowship of the Church of Christ. All applicants must be professing Christians and willing to support the Christian mission and purpose of Abilene Christian University while employed by the university.
|Title of Position
||Abilene Christian University - Abilene Campus
||Landscape and Grounds
||A. Works as directed by the Director of Landscape & Grounds
B. Works with other managers in overall supervision of the Grounds Department as directed by the Director of Landscape & Grounds
C. Coordinate and plan all landscape on ACU campus
D. Maintain ground cover, flowers, interior plants, grass, hardscapes and other areas associated with landscape and grounds cares.
E. Assist other trades and grounds personnel as needed in spirit of cooperation and teamwork.
F. Promote a campus that is clean & aesthetically pleasing.
G. Continue to develop and cross-train in a manner that will keep personnel up-to-date and safe.
1. Follow established rules, policies, and procedures of the Landscape & Grounds Department and ACU.
2. Order materials & supplies as needed for the completion of work orders.
3. Fill out work orders and written reports daily.
4. Display necessary work initiative to work alone or in groups.
5. Supervise student workers & grounds staff that are assigned to your area.
6. Inspect & report on all landscape and grounds areas on a monthly basis.
1. Be on 24 hour call
2. Work as needed to maintain a beautiful landscape and grounds.
1. Remove weeds from areas, and establish an aggressive weed control program.
2. Help maintain an aggressive weed fertilizer program that will enhance the beauty of the campus.
3. Must be able to come in early to spread ice melt during icy days.
4. Stray animal control through trapping if necessary, and contact with animal control.
5. Replace or repair street & parking lots signs on campus as needed.
1. Clean & maintain equipment to extend the life of the equipment, and maintain resources of the University
2. Trim shrubs and bushes to enhance the beauty of the campus
3. Recycle trees and shrubs into mulch, and place in flowerbeds & trees.
1. Preventative maintenance program is implemented to the fullest extent
2. Perform work in a same manner
3. Insure that all flowers, shrubs, and tree beds are cleaned to University standards
|Professional Development Requirements
A. Skills Required
1. Knowledge of hand and power tools
2. Skilled in all areas, interior scape, light landscaping, weed control, and fertilization
3. Operate small equipment such as mower, weed-eater, blower, and rotary tiller
B. Training Modules Required
1. Written & verbal communication skills
2. Read blueprints from landscape architect
3. Must have basic safety training
4. Emphasize excellent customer relations and service
1. High school diploma or GED, and five (5) years of hands-on experience with landscape and interior scape materials
2. Or associate degree in horticulture
3. Chemical license is excellent, but not required
1. Honest; responsible
2. Good moral character
3. Trustworthy, dependable and punctual
4. Likes to work
5. Must be neat & clean in appearance at all times
||A. Good health & stamina to life; carry & pull loads in excess of twenty (20) pounds
B. Must be able to climb a ladder and work in varying climate conditions
C. Must be able to work in extreme heat since grounds work in summer months is hot
ACU does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, disability, genetic information, national or ethnic origin in employment opportunities, in keeping with applicable state and federal law.
ACU is committed to maintaining a safe and secure campus environment and protecting the university's financial and physical assets. Therefore, Abilene Christian University conducts background checks on all candidates for employment in security sensitive positions.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend