Job no: 492473
Work Type: Staff full-time
Categories: Student Services, Staff
ACU is affiliated with the fellowship of the Church of Christ. All applicants must be professing Christians and willing to support the Christian mission and purpose of Abilene Christian University while employed by the university.
|Title of Position
||Abilene Christian University - Dallas Campus
||A. Provides effective communication with staff members and prospective/or current students via telephone, email and/or in person.
B. The ideal candidate must possess project management skills and the ability to work with cross-functional teams.
C. Records Coordinator will gain a strong understanding of both the University’s value proposition and the audience ACU Dallas drives student growth. He/she must maintain expertise in the programs at the University and will be truly passionate about the program and students.
||A. Utilize student record system (SalesForce and Banner) to update student records, process admission letters, timely and accurate collection and review of academic transcripts.
B. Processes the request of external and internal transcript request
C. Processes the receipt of external and internal transcript request
D. Works with internal and external clients to resolve transcript acquisition
E. Packages transcript request fulfilment and transfer credit request for processing in the register's office
F. Provides registration information and assistance throughout the academic year and assists students in resolving registration problems including assistance with transcript verification. Works with Program Directors and Academic Advisor to assess pending registrations, contact students regarding admission documents.
G. Assists in the processing of registration for incoming students, graduate students and transfers.
H. Utilize database reporting software to generate reports: student and faculty schedules; room usage; registration status; etc.
I. Files paperwork, student forms and maintains student files and records.
J. Answers phones, greets students, faculty and staff, and answers inquiries concerning office policies and procedures.
K. Other duties/projects as assigned by the Associate Director of Student.
|Professional Development Requirements
1. Possess some knowledge of the higher education market and industry
2. Must be student and advisor oriented and have the ability to perform multiple tasks efficiently and effectively
3. Proven ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks efficiently and effectively
4. Customer service or advising experience in an educational environment entailing one on one interaction is preferred
5. Must be self-motivated and be able to work effectively in a team environment
6. Computer literate and able to learn proprietary software applications
B. Training Modules Required
1. Banner workflow and Salesforce
2. ACU Admission and Academic Policies and Procedures
3. Technology Tools Training (including CRM system)
4. Others as development needs dictate
1. Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
2. Two years administrative experience required
3. Experience in a University student records, registrar, or admissions office preferred.
4. Experience with a database reporting software (e.g. Campus Vue.), knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and enrollment management systems (i.e. Banner, Salesforce, etc.)
5. Demonstrable experience from successfully working in a team environment
6. Some evening and weekend hours may be required.T
7. Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task effectively.
8. Excellent analytical, problem solving, interpersonal, customer service, attention to detail and communication skills are essential.
9. Ability to handle complex and confidential information with discretion.
1. Collaborative nature
2. Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written ability to communicate with a diverse academic community.
3. Desire for meaningful work and mission orientation
||1. Work is performed in an office environment; must have the ability to sit for long periods of time (6-8 hours).
2. Must be able to use a telephone or headset equipment and able to perform work at a computer in a cubicle.
3. May be required to the manual operation of general office equipment.
4. Limited travel may be required – locations vary and some overnight travel may be necessary.
ACU does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, disability, genetic information, national or ethnic origin in employment opportunities, in keeping with applicable state and federal law.
ACU is committed to maintaining a safe and secure campus environment and protecting the university's financial and physical assets. Therefore, Abilene Christian University conducts background checks on all candidates for employment in security sensitive positions.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend