A. Academic Planning
1. Chair the Academic Council within the School of Nursing
2. Work with nursing programs in the development of new undergraduate and graduate courses, degree requirements and curriculum changes.
3. Prepare the academic section of the University catalogs for the college
4. Represent Abilene Christian University at appropriate academic meetings
5. Take the lead in strategic planning for the School of Nursing
6. Oversee annual assessments of student outcomes
7. Prepare 1-year and 5-year plans
8. Operationalize the recommendations from the Advisory Committee, program reviews and accreditation reports.
9. Identify, secure and evaluate affiliation agreements with clinical and related agencies for student clinical practicum and preceptorships.
10. Available to meet the needs of the student rotations consistent with course and program objectives.
11. Coordinate with the faculty to provide support and learning experiences to promote student retention, progression, and graduation.
12. Serve as a member of the Provost’s Cabinet and other University wide committees as needed.
B. Administration- Undergraduate program (Abilene campus) Co-administer Graduate programs (Dallas campus)
1. Oversee the preparation of class schedules for both Graduate and Undergraduate programs
2. Verify that the standards for SACS and CCNE accreditation are met for both Graduate and Undergraduate programs
3. Coordinate maintenance operations pertinent to academic matters
4. Meet at regular intervals with BSN department chair and DNP director
5. Assist in preparation of such reports as the University may require
C. Personnel and Budgeting
1. Recruit, develop and maintain qualified faculty who support the mission, vision, and goals of the School.
2. Recommend to the Provost: appointments and salaries for faculty, department chair and DNP director
3. Assign or delegate faculty workload and responsibilities
4. Assign faculty offices or delegate assignment of faculty offices to department chair
5. Maintain official transcripts and vitae for all faculty (full-time and part-time)
6. Approve faculty requests to be absent from classes
7. Administer academic budget (instructional, equipment, supplies, travel, research)
8. Oversee the preparation faculty payroll information for human resources
9. Review and approve workload for all Nursing programs
10. Serve as an advocate of the faculty to the administration and the administration to the faculty
D. Academic enrichment
1. Work with and or through the University Development office in fundraising activities as needed or requested
2. Explore gifts and other development resources to benefit the School and its programs and services from donors, alumni and other sources.
3. Build relationships with donors and communities of interest
E. Student related activities
1. Enforce graduation requirements
2. Draft, disseminate and implement policies affecting students
3. Receive student petitions regarding academic exceptions and substitutions
4. Approve grade changes, withdrawals, re-enrollment requests and other academic actions as needed
5. Counsel with students on academic concerns
6. Administer academic suspension and readmission policies within the School of Nursing
1. Oversee the Total Program Evaluation Plan for the BSN and DNP programs
2. Analyze data related to the student admissions, progression, retention, re-entry, dismissal and graduation from the nursing program
3. Initiate and oversee the process of continuing approval by the Texas BON, SACS and accreditation by CCNE
4. Prepare and submit timely reports to approval and accreditation agencies.
G. Other Duties
1. Perform other duties as requested by the Provost