1. Work with the Graduate School recruiting team and the GST leadership to develop successful recruiting strategies for meeting enrollment goals.
2. Collaborate with University Relations Office to develop a network of contacts within designated regions to help your recruiting efforts. These contacts may include: Alumni Relations, the Graduate School, the Board of Trustees, GST Governing Board, Churches, and Friends of ACU.
3. Establish contacts and partners throughout campus to learn about programs and opportunities to support recruiting for the GST programs.
4. Assist and/or coordinate special recruiting events on and off campus, targeting prospective students for the GST programs, working in conjunction with existing marketing and recruiting events.
5. Provide support for applicants, including but not limited to assistance with application, financial aid, campus tours, responding promptly to all calls, emails, and letters, and maintaining contact through social media networks.
6. Maintain consistent personal communication with prospective students.
7. Collect information on junior and senior Bible majors in SCM schools and beyond, and contact as appropriate
8. Meet weekly contact and activity goals.
9. Meet quarterly and annual goals for numbers of applicants, admissions, and confirmed students.
10. Cooperate with office of Alumni Relations to maintain communication with GST alumni.
11. Attend all GST faculty meetings in order to better understand and reflect the cultures of the department.
12. Flexibility to be away from home multiple days or weekends as needed.
13. Complete productivity reports, expense reports, and administrative tasks in a timely manner.
1. Work with the Director of Marketing for the Graduate School and with the GST leadership to develop effective marketing strategies for GST graduate programs.
2. Help generate content for marketing materials.
3. Collect content for marketing materials from the GST.
4. Assist in disseminating marketing materials through travel, social media, and other strategies.
C. Student Services.
1. Assist students with information about life in Abilene, housing, and other relocation concerns.
2. Participate with GST efforts that enhance student retention.
3. Initiate the enrollment process for new students by making contact with advisors and facilitating the first time registration processes.
|Professional Development Requirements
1. Basic computer literacy is presumed.
2. Must develop competency in ACU’s enrollment management system (Slate/SalesForce).
B. Training Modules.
1. ACU will provide training in the use of Slate/SalesForce
2. ACU will provide orientation to ACU recruiting system and training in specific methods and strategies.
3. Other professional growth workshops or conferences for enrollment management specialists, from time to time, as deemed appropriate.
1. Master’s degree preferred.
2. Specific experience in recruiting is not essential.
1. Strong sales skills, including ability to differentiate ACU from other schools.
2. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
3. Strong people skills with a clear understanding of good customer service.
4. Knowledge and experience with contact management systems.
5. Good time management skills and a self-starter.
6. Social media and networking skills, both technical skills and content development skills.
ACU does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, disability, genetic information, national or ethnic origin in employment opportunities, in keeping with applicable state and federal law.
ACU is committed to maintaining a safe and secure campus environment and protecting the university's financial and physical assets. Therefore, Abilene Christian University conducts background checks on all candidates for employment in security sensitive positions.