A. Interview Potential Clients
1. Review client in-take information and conduct initial counseling sessions and/or testing.
2. Review information to assess treatment needs.
3. Conduct counseling and/or testing sessions.
B. Provide confidential records of treatment sessions. Request and transfer treatment information from and to other health care professionals as required.
1. Keep detailed notes in a timely fashion regarding sessions with clients.
2. Monitor client progress and plan continuing treatment, alternative interventions, or placements.
3. Refer clients to psychiatrist or physician for psychotropic medication as deemed necessary.
4. Consult with supervisor weekly regarding client treatment.
C. Be available for client emergencies and interventions outside of regular office hours.
1. Return clients after hours phone calls and emails, as soon as appropriately possible.
2. Personally intervene with students in psychological crises to in-patient treatment when assessed as necessary.
D. Sexual Assault Prevention Coordinator
1. Develop and update protocols for responding to sexual assault survivors at the MACCC.
2. Partner with the Title IX Office to provide sexual assault prevention training.
3. Provide training to MACCC staff on sexual assault response.
4. Maintain knowledge of best practices in the area of sexual assault prevention.
E. Participate with other Student Life and Medical personnel in identifying, developing, and presenting programs that promote the health, safety, and psychological welfare of university students, staff, and faculty.
1. Meet with and give input to Student Life personnel.
2. Constantly monitor and respond to input from university personnel.
F. Assist in keeping the MACCC current with best practices, and present information on our services to students, university personnel, and their families.
1. Obtain and evaluate information on programs from other university counseling services.
2. Be available to present to different university departments as needed
3. Assist as needed during student orientations