ACU is affiliated with the fellowship of the Church of Christ. All applicants must be professing Christians and willing to support the Christian mission and purpose of Abilene Christian University while employed by the university.
|Title of Position
||Temporary Mid-level Provider
||Abilene Christian University - Abilene Campus
||A. Provides primary care to ACU students, employees and their dependents
B. Assists the Practice Manager in developing, promoting, and participating in health related functions, both intra-departmentally and campus-wide
C. Participates in activities of the Medical and Counseling Care Center and Student Life Division
||A. Provides patient centered primary care to ACU students, employees, and their dependents.
1. Provides primary medical care to patients with various medical conditions pertinent to college students, employees and dependents; evaluation/assessment, diagnosis, treatment plans, and appropriate ongoing care.
2. Orders and interprets laboratory tests as needed to diagnose and treat patients.
3. Produces complete and accurate medical records for each patient encounter using Electronic Medical Record system.
4. Participates in peer reviews as directed by the Medical Director and Practice Manager.
5. Performs other duties as assigned by the Medical Director.
|Professional Development Requirements
A. Skills Required
1. Computer Skills
2. Patient Centered Care Principles
B. Training Modules Required
3. Other professional development may be required to attain necessary skills or retain certification.
1. Physician Assistant: Master’s degree in Physician Assistant Studies and two years of experience working as a Physician Assistant.
2. Nurse Practitioner: Master’s of Science in Nursing and two years of experience working as a Nurse Practitioner.
B. Licenses, Certificates or Registration
1. Physician Assistant: Certification as a Physician Assistant (PA-C) and current Physician Assistant license issued by the Texas Board of Medical Examiners.
2. Nurse Practitioner: Certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) and current Nurse Practitioner license issued by the Texas Board of Nursing.
1. A commitment to model teach and otherwise exemplify Jesus Christ—this would include the following:
a. Model healthy living as an example of “care of the Lord’s temple.”
b. Inclusive care that emphasizes and integrates spiritual health.
c. A commitment to counsel patients to make personal decisions that is consistent with Christian principles.
d. A cooperative and “team player” spirit with co-workers.
2. A high interest to integrate teaching with health care in the college setting.
3. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
||A. Ability to work in a fast moving, multi-tasking environment.
B. Frequently required to talk, feel (sensing textures and temperatures), use fine motor skills (pinching, gripping etc.), hear, sit, stand, walk, use near and far vision, discriminate colors, use keyboard, mouse, and other computer equipment; occasionally required to lift up to 35 lbs., and lift more than 35lbs.
C. Work Environment : Work is performed indoors in office environment; may be exposed to airborne communicable diseases, blood borne pathogens or bodily fluid, fumes or airborne particles, hazardous materials, radiation, and toxic or caustic chemicals.
ACU does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, disability, genetic information, national or ethnic origin in employment opportunities, in keeping with applicable state and federal law.
ACU is committed to maintaining a safe and secure campus environment and protecting the university's financial and physical assets. Therefore, Abilene Christian University conducts background checks on all candidates for employment in security sensitive positions.