Scholars Lab Student Employee
Job no: 492508
Work Type: Student employee
Categories: Student Services
ACU is affiliated with the fellowship of the Church of Christ. All applicants must be professing Christians and willing to support the Christian mission and purpose of Abilene Christian University while employed by the university.
|Title of Position
||Scholars Lab Student Employee
|Hours per Week
||The Scholars Lab (supporting student and faculty digital scholarship at ACU) seeks students who have the following characteristics:
- Trustworthy, independent, and motivated nature
- Strong computer skills and a willingness and ability to learn
- Good communication skills and ability to teach others
- (Preferred, not required) Demonstrated experience (in class or extracurricular) in technology related to research in an academic discipline (e.g., psychology major who has used SPSS, digital entertainment major with experience in VR, etc.) [all majors welcome; please describe experience in resume/cover letter]
|Position Description/ Job Duties
||The Scholars Lab Student Employee will be expected to perform a variety of tasks supporting digital scholarship at ACU, assisting the work of Scholars Lab staff. This student employee may also be called on to assist other areas of the library. Assigned tasks may change over time, and some tasks may possibly be assigned based on student’s areas of talent/experience.
Common duties may include the following:
- Clerical/administrative tasks
- Assisting with the upload, description, and reporting of faculty and student publications
- Proofreading for open access publications
- Promoting ACU activities through social media
- Testing or troubleshooting/assisting researchers with hardware/software
||10 hours per week during normal working hours: Monday through Friday 8:00 am-5:00 pm; 10 hours of work per week will be expected, times may be flexible to student schedule
ACU does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, disability, genetic information, national or ethnic origin in employment opportunities, in keeping with applicable state and federal law.
ACU is committed to maintaining a safe and secure campus environment and protecting the university's financial and physical assets. Therefore, Abilene Christian University conducts background checks on all candidates for employment in security sensitive positions.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend