A. Organizing, scheduling, and supervising the labs in Zona Luce School of Nursing Labs and its resources
1. Develop a room/lab schedule from the Department’s teaching assignments.
2. Set up and take down lab workstations and simulation learning materials as per the Instructors’ assignments.
3. Schedule and organize special events in Zona Luce Sim Labs using the Google Calendar.
4. Promote positive image of the ACU SON lab facilities to past, current and future students, alumni, donors, visitors and other program stakeholders
B. Maintains parts and supplies, setting up equipment, repairing or arranging for the repair of equipment and/or the facility
1. Order using the Department’s issued Purchase Card the necessary materials, tooling, and other supplies as needed for the student projects.
2. Maintain inventory of stock materials, ordinary supplies, and as-needed supplies.
3. Maintains computer and software updates, manages software installation, and troubleshoots issues as they arise
4. Maintains and supports simulation multimedia equipment, software, and hardware
5. Perform simple repairs and maintenance of equipment in good working order
6. Communicate with vendor support to address equipment issues
7. Manage setup, usage, and post-usage processes for simulation equipment and supplies
C. Assisting with software upgrades and interface with ACU’s Information Technology and Networking departments and vendor technology and product support
1. Maintain computers within Zona Luce Labs with the assigned software.
2. Issue via the HelpDesk’s “Report a Problem” portal all necessary repair and/or replacement computer needs in the Zona Luce Labs
3. Assists instructor with usage of computers, software, simulation programs, and multimedia equipment relative to simulation experiences
D. Working with students and staff for training in the proper and safe operations of the equipment within the Zona Luce School of Nursing Labs
1. Manage operation of debriefing equipment for post-simulation activities
2. Provide feedback for improving simulation experience
3. Perform safety and operational instructions and procedures according to polices and best practice standards
E. Assist with achieving best practice standards for simulation per NCSBN and INACSL
1. Maintain the equipment maintenance records
2. Maintain equipment and supplies records and inventory
3. Assist faculty with meeting best practice standards for simulation in the following areas:
a. Simulation Design
b. Outcomes and Objectives
e. Participant Evaluation
f. Professional Integrity
g. Interprofessional Education (IPE)
h. Simulation Operations
F. Create, maintain, upgrade, and supervise the Standard Operating Procedures and associated work instructions of Zona Luce School of Nursing Labs
1. Develop new Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instruction for the correct and safe operation of lab use and equipment. These documents are ‘live’ documents that are maintained and stored within the SON Administrative Offices.
2. Update procedures and instructions for lab use and equipment and develop new procedures and instructions as needed
3. Manage the utilization of the sim lab equipment to the fullest capacity
4. Orient students and faculty to the simulation labs and the associated policies, procedures, and instructions