Job no: 492565
Work Type: Staff full-time
Categories: Staff, Student Services
ACU is affiliated with the fellowship of the Church of Christ. All applicants must be professing Christians and willing to support the Christian mission and purpose of Abilene Christian University while employed by the university.
|Title of Position
||Abilene Christian University - Abilene Campus
||Student Financial Services
||A. Coordinate all aspects of collecting receivables for current and former students.
B. Risk-based analysis of receivable data and identification of receivables at risk.
C. Communications with current and former students.
D. Collections research and reporting on the results of collection efforts.
E. Coordinate student worker responsibilities for billing and collections.
||A. Periodic analysis of accounts at risk for nonpayment, communications in writing and by telephone with current and former students, and informing management about accounts identified as high-risk for nonpayment.
B. Negotiation of payment arrangements with current and former students.
C. Monitor debtor progress toward meeting the terms of payment arrangements.
D. Placing various system holds on student accounts, when necessary.
E. Documenting collection efforts in writing.
F. Assist in the creation of installment payment plans, when necessary.
G. Coordinate the efforts of third-party collection agencies and report on the performance of collection agency efforts.
H. Coordinate the efforts of third-party payment processors and reconcile related reports to ACU’s records.
I. Prepare accounting entries and evaluate the adequacy of allowances for bad debts.
J. Assist in the analysis of student accounts for financial settlement purposes.
K. Create and monitor the status of institutional installment loans.
L. Monitoring of the internally funded Perkins loan servicing.
|Professional Development Requirements
A. Skills Required:
1. Telephone customer service.
2. Correspondence in writing.
3. Data analysis and data processing ability.
B. Training or Proficiency Required:
2. TouchNet Bill+Payment
3. Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
4. PCI and ID Theft Red Flag Policy Compliance
1. Minimum of 5 years experience in office administration, customer service, or accounting.
2. Minimum of 2 years of collection experience is preferred.
3. Accounting knowledge and accounting experience are preferred.
4. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
1. Ability to prioritize work.
2. High attention to detail.
3. High level of personal and ethical integrity.
4. Exceptional organizational skills.
5. Negotiation skills.
6. Ability to handle confidential and proprietary information.
7. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with families in stressful financial situations.
||A. Ability to sit and use a computer for long periods of time.
B. Work long or unusual hours, as necessary, to perform system processing or meet communication and/or reporting deadlines.
ACU does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, disability, genetic information, national or ethnic origin in employment opportunities, in keeping with applicable state and federal law.
ACU is committed to maintaining a safe and secure campus environment and protecting the university's financial and physical assets. Therefore, Abilene Christian University conducts background checks on all candidates for employment in security sensitive positions.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend