International Admissions Coordinator
Job no: 492589
Work Type: Staff half-time
Categories: Staff, Student Services
ACU is affiliated with the fellowship of the Church of Christ. All applicants must be professing Christians and willing to support the Christian mission and purpose of Abilene Christian University while employed by the university.
|Title of Position
||International Admissions Coordinator
||Abilene Christian University - Abilene Campus
||A. Responsible for providing timely communication to international students and US citizens who live abroad, supporting the achievement of enrollment goals in academic quality and diversity.
B. Assist and/or coordinate special recruiting events on and off campus, including weekends when necessary, and as assigned by the Director.
C. Responsible for supporting the Campus Visits Team including but not limited to: admissions/financial aid visits with prospective families, campus tours when needed, receiving inbound calls, and other duties as assigned by the director.
A. Responsible for providing timely communication to international students and US citizens who live abroad, supporting the achievement of enrollment goals in academic quality and diversity.
1. Support the direct to Achieve monthly, quarterly and yearly goals for applicants, admits and confirmed students
2. Maintain consistent personal communication with prospective students and parents.
3. Guides prospective students on programs offered at the university and immigration regulations for entering the U.S.
4. Conduct affordability conversations with families after receiving their financial aid award letter.
5. Ensure receipt of all required admissions and immigration documents prior to the issuance of the I-20.
6. Analyse and evaluates foreign credentials.
7. Build personal relationships with key alumni, friends of ACU (youth ministers, high school counselors, etc.) as well as prospective students and their parents.
8. Establish contacts and partners throughout campus to learn about programs and promote the efforts of the Admissions Office.
B. Assist and/or coordinate special events on and off campus, including weekends when necessary, and as assigned by the Director.
1. Fall and Spring Preview Weekends
2. Presidential Scholar Interview Days
3. Preview Days
4. New Student Orientations
1. Admissions/Financial Aid Workshops
2. Christian School Visits
5. Recruiting Dinners
C. Responsible for providing support to the Campus Visits Team. Support may include but not limited to: admissions/financial aid visits with prospective families, campus tours when needed, receiving inbound calls, and other duties as assigned by the Director of Multicultural and International Enrollment.
1. Conducting campus tours as needed.
2. Working scheduled hours so to provide assistance to the Welcome Center as needed.
3. Responsible for completing productivity reports, expense reports and administrative items in a timely manner.
|Professional Development Requirements
A. Required Skills:
1. Strong sales skills: must have the ability to differentiate ACU from the competition
2. Excellent communicator
3. Strong people skills with a clear understanding of how to provide excellent customer service.
4. Basic computer skills.
5. Strong time management skills
6. Knowledge and experience working, studying, or living abroad.
B: Training Modules Required:
1. Training to use the customer relation management system, SLATE
2. Attend office Team Meetings to keep up to date on changing programs, recruiting strategies, sales methods
3. Professional growth seminars for Enrollment Management professionals.
A. ACU is affiliated with the fellowship of the Church of Christ. This position requires the employee to be a professing Christian and to be willing to support the Christian mission of ACU.
B. Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (ACU graduate highly preferred)
C. High initiative, dependable, focused
D. Strong communication and presentation skills
E. Goal-oriented, high professionalism
F. Strong organizational skills
H. Fluency in a language other than English is preferred.
A. Each enrollment employee must have their own cell phone.
B. Open to using new software and technology
||A. Ability to endure long periods of standing and walking
B. Handle stressful situation well
C. Mental flexibility
D. Ability to work with multiple cultures
ACU does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, disability, genetic information, national or ethnic origin in employment opportunities, in keeping with applicable state and federal law.
ACU is committed to maintaining a safe and secure campus environment and protecting the university's financial and physical assets. Therefore, Abilene Christian University conducts background checks on all candidates for employment in security sensitive positions.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend