A. Strategic Communications
1. Provides strategic direction.
2. Coordinates marketing communications produced by other academic and administrative departments.
3. Works collaboratively with the President’s Office, committees of the Board of Trustees, as well as specific departments such as Academics, Admissions, Athletics, Advancement and Student Life.
B. Data-Driven Marketing and Branding
1. Leads the development and implementation of the University’s brand vision and strategic marketing campaigns to attract the best fit students, motivate alumni and donors, and support key departments such as athletics, as well as strategic university initiatives.
2. Oversee critical university-wide digital marketing efforts.
C. Promotional Activity
1. Serve as a key member of the leadership team and create a multi-year plan for the University, shaping and managing activities that promote the excellence of the University while enhancing its visibility and brand reputation.
2. Responsible for the creation and integration of a broad range of marketing activities relative to the strategic direction and positioning of the organization and its leadership.
3. Oversee a team that includes digital marketing, web content and architecture, publications, graphic design, photography/video and media relations/crisis communications.
|Professional Development Requirements
1. Ability to assess, build, and implement marketing strategies and practices.
2. Exceptional planning, budgeting, and organizational skills.
3. Finely honed writing and presentation skills.
4. Strong management skills with the ability to promote collaboration and teamwork while inspiring success from an evolving marketing/communications team.
B. Training Modules Required
1. Regular reading in higher education publications
2. Participation in higher education and cohort school meetings and conferences
1. Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in communications is preferred.
2. Seasoned professional with at least 10 years of management experience in leading brand development and data-informed marketing and communications strategies in one or more of the following settings: education, not-for-profit, government, business and/or industry.
3. In-depth knowledge and proven experience leading all aspects of digital marketing, including website development and optimization, content marketing, search engine optimization, etc.
4. Direct experience for at least 10 years in three or more of these areas: communications, brand marketing, public relations, digital advertising, media relations, news and information, video production, and publications.
5. Working knowledge and demonstrated ability of all aspects of media and media objectives.
6. Superior oral and written communication skills, including interview techniques, speech writing, and presentations.
7. Considerable knowledge of office and team organization, management, and monitoring of progress and achievements.
8. Ability to conduct research and compile facts and data.
9. Institutional brand development and marketing experience.
10. Strong intercultural competence with the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
11. Knowledge of key marketing/communications issues affecting universities nationally and internationally.
1. A record of success in progressively responsible positions with demonstrated strong strategic orientation and measurable positive impact in deployment of marketing and communications strategies, with an emphasis on digital marketing.
2. A record of success in developing effective communications strategies for a variety of audiences.
3. Demonstrated ability to be flexible and adaptable and to work independently as well as a team member.
4. Proven ability to leverage data to optimize a digital marketing strategy.
5. Proven leadership experience and the ability to inspire trust and instill confidence in an institution.
6. Energetic presence, willingness to be actively engaged in a community of faculty, students, staff and alumni.
7. A global perspective and demonstrated commitment to fostering diversity.
ACU does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, disability, genetic information, national or ethnic origin in employment opportunities, in keeping with applicable state and federal law.
ACU is committed to maintaining a safe and secure campus environment and protecting the university's financial and physical assets. Therefore, Abilene Christian University conducts background checks on all candidates for employment in security sensitive positions.