Engineering and Physics Lab Coordinator
Job no: 492621
Work Type: Staff full-time
ACU is affiliated with the fellowship of the Church of Christ. All applicants must be professing Christians and willing to support the Christian mission and purpose of Abilene Christian University while employed by the university.
|Title of Position
||Engineering and Physics Lab Coordinator
||Abilene Christian University - Abilene Campus
||Engineering and Physics
||A. Have each lab to which you are assigned prepared before the students arrive
B. Be present and engage the students at each lab to which you are assigned
C. Evaluate the progress of each student and relay that information to the professor of record for each lab to which you are assigned
A. Lab Preparation
1. Ensure lab materials are present and readily available for use
2. Order lab materials to needed to replenish supply
3. Ensure all lab components are properly maintained
B. Lab Teaching Session
1. Answer student questions
2. Encourage student success
3. Demonstrate lab techniques and procedures
C. Communication with Professor
1. Monitor students’ progress
2. Attend regular meetings with professor to discuss past and upcoming labs
3. Willingness to work other duties as requested by professor or department chair
|Professional Development Requirements
1. Experience working in a lab environment
2. Experience in training or teaching others
3. Good communication skills, verbal and written
B. Maintain all lab equipment in good repair
C. Organize Laboratory rooms and set-up experiments in a timely manner
D. Maintain. Organize, Improve lab curriculum.
E. Proactive Disposition
F. Communicate with Chair on ordering supplies.
G. Order supplies and document receipt for budgeting purposes.
||A. Bachelor's degree in Physics or Engineering preferred.
||A. Must have the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
B. Stamina to lift, carry and pull loads in excess of fifty pounds
C. Work extended hours as needed
D. Ability to handle stress well (high volume and high speed demands)
ACU does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, disability, genetic information, national or ethnic origin in employment opportunities, in keeping with applicable state and federal law.
ACU is committed to maintaining a safe and secure campus environment and protecting the university's financial and physical assets. Therefore, Abilene Christian University conducts background checks on all candidates for employment in security sensitive positions.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend