Part Time Administrative Assistant
Job no: 492654
Work Type: Staff part-time
Categories: Health Services, Office Support
ACU is affiliated with the fellowship of the Church of Christ. All applicants must be professing Christians and willing to support the Christian mission and purpose of Abilene Christian University while employed by the university.
|Title of Position
||Part Time Administrative Assistant
||Medical and Counseling Care Center
||Nonexempt Part time
||A. Greet patients and clients
B. Perform clerical duties, answer phones, schedule patients
C. Keep office area neat and orderly, including waiting rooms
D. Assist with special assignments
A. Greet patients and clients
1. Greet incoming patients and clients
2. Assist them with the appropriate check-in procedures
B. Perform Clerical Duties
1. Mail - Pick up departmental mail daily, for both medical and counseling
2. Copies - Maintain and replenish supply of office forms and perform any other copying jobs when requested.
3. Telephone – Assist Office Manager with answering the telephone, directing calls, scheduling appointments and taking messages.
E. Keep Office Area Neat and Orderly
1. Keep reception area neat and organized.
2. Keep file room organized and materials straightened.
F. Assist with Special Assignments
1. Expected to assist other staff members with special projects when needed.
2. Perform errands on campus when needed
3. Input immunization records and other data entry
|Professional Development Requirements
A. Skills Required
1. Telephone etiquette
2. Must be able to multi-task
3. Computer Skills
B. Training Modules Required:
1. Discretion in handling confidential/sensitive information. (Assume all information is confidential unless otherwise noted.)
2. Strong interpersonal skills with clients, patients and coworkers
3. Knowledge of clinical terminology, office practices and procedures.
4. Ability to make decisions according to rules, regulations and procedures.
5. Familiarity with office equipment
6. Good organizational and multi-tasking abilities
7. Customer service orientation
1. Enjoys working with people.
2. Interacts with patients and clients in a pleasant and effective manner to create a welcoming atmosphere.
3. Works independently as tasks are assigned.
4. Works as part of a team.
5. Follows directions well.
||A. Lift packages weighing 5-10 pounds.
B. Walking back and forth in office and on campus for delivery and pick up of errands.
ACU does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, disability, genetic information, national or ethnic origin in employment opportunities, in keeping with applicable state and federal law.
ACU is committed to maintaining a safe and secure campus environment and protecting the university's financial and physical assets. Therefore, Abilene Christian University conducts background checks on all candidates for employment in security sensitive positions.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend