A. Supervise administrative, secretarial, and clerical duties for the Office of the Provost.
1. Schedule appointments and travel for the Provost and Vice Provost and keep detailed itineraries.
2. Coordinate with Academic Operations Manager regarding Office of the Provost administration.
3. Reconcile all purchasing card and travel card statements for Provost’s staff.
4. Keep updated calendar of all trips.
5. Coordinate internal and external events for Provost’s lunches, dinners, receptions, and other venues at on-campus and off-campus locations.
6. Coordinate with the Provost and Vice Provost for involvement in events, including the agenda and presentation materials.
7. Ensure faculty funding letters are prepared, signed and mailed in a timely manner, under the direction of the Academic Operations Manager.
8. Serve as a backup to student employees to greet visitors and to receive, screen and redirect phone calls.
B. Provide administrative support for the Provost and Vice Provost.
1. Maintain the calendar and schedules of both the Provost and Vice Provost.
2. Upon direction of the Provost and Vice Provost, send emails and write letters on their behalf.
3. Upon direction of Provost and Vice Provost, prepare meeting and presentations.
4. Create and maintain Mail Chimp email lists; prepare and send emails through MailChimp as directed by the Provost and Vice Provost.
C. Recruit, hire, train and supervise Office Assistant and student employees.
1. Determine student employee staffing levels in coordination with Academic Operations Manager.
2. Hire student employees in coordination with Academic Operations Manager.
3. Train Office Assistant in all aspects of the daily operations of the Provost’s Office and maintain up-to-date training manual.
4. Oversee the training for student employees provided by the Office Assistant, and provide guidance as needed to ensure they are providing exceptional customer service, are performing their tasks well and are motivated to perform at a high level.
D. Coordinate various aspects of May and December commencements.
1. Upon the direction of the Provost, determine participants in the commencement program.
2. Review script and ensure all steps to the ceremony are included.
3. Prepare seating chart and processional order.
4. In conjunction with the President’s Office, prepare script for provost and commencement participants.