Senior Resident Advisor
Job no: 492688
Work Type: Student employee
Categories: Student Services
ACU is affiliated with the fellowship of the Church of Christ. All applicants must be professing Christians and willing to support the Christian mission and purpose of Abilene Christian University while employed by the university.
|Title of Position
||Senior Resident Advisor
|Hours per Week
Required Application Materials
To be considered for employment, each applicant must:
Submit an application through the HR website.
Attach a resume and cover letter to the application. Both must be submitted as a PDF and saved in the format “C.Langston Resume” and “C.Langston CoverLetter” using your own first initial and last name.
Have three recommendations submitted on your behalf. It is the applicant’s responsibility to send this form to their references.
- One recommendation must be from a student who is involved in peer leadership (i.e. Res Life SRAs, OMA officers, SGA officers, etc.)
- One recommendation must be from a professor
- One recommendation must be from a work supervisor or mentor
Your completed application, resume, cover letter and references are due by 12:00pm (noon) on Monday, November 4, 2019.
Senior Resident Advisors (SRAs) work in close partnership with the Resident Director (RD) of their hall to: 1) actively pursue and model an uncompromising commitment to Jesus Christ and Christ-centered community; 2) provide leadership and mentorship to a team of Resident Advisors (RAs); 3) develop relationships/community with residents; 4) serve as an advocate and resource to residents and RAs; and 5) support residential community development through the completion of administrative tasks.
- All SRAs must maintain a current and cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher and must be a full-time student.
- All SRAs must be in good standing with the Dean of Students, Residence Life, Human Resources and all other university administrative offices.
- Undergraduate SRAs must limit outside activities during the period of employment to a maximum of 20 hours per week. Outside activities include club membership and participation, student productions, non-academic assistantships, student organizations and, in extreme situations, outside employment.
- All SRAs must attend required training sessions and meetings.
- All SRAs must be familiar with emergency procedures and protocols.
- All SRAs must be familiar with and abide by the Employee Handbook, specifically with the standard of conduct.
- All SRAs must be familiar with and abide by the Student Handbook, specifically with the student code of conduct.
|Position Description/ Job Duties
Typical Weekly Schedule
- Oversee/assist with move-in and move-out procedures
- Oversee/assist with curfew checks (freshmen) or resident checks (sophomores)
- Assist with program planning, implementation, and assessment
- Daily communication and interaction with residents
- Collaboration with community and staff members around student experience and campus community events
- Attend weekly staff meeting
- Lead occasional staff meeting and devotionals
- Attend Residence Life trainings
- Participate in one-on-one meetings with Resident Director
- Actively engage mentoring, guiding and supporting the RAs
- Other duties as assigned
- Weekly residence hall staff meeting (1 hour)
- Weekly one-on-one with RD (1hour)
- Administrative work and staff support (4 hours)
- Program/community involvement (3 hours)
- One-on-one time with RAs, hall presence (6 hours)
ACU does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, disability, genetic information, national or ethnic origin in employment opportunities, in keeping with applicable state and federal law.
ACU is committed to maintaining a safe and secure campus environment and protecting the university's financial and physical assets. Therefore, Abilene Christian University conducts background checks on all candidates for employment in security sensitive positions.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend