A. Manage all aspects of cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of a portfolio of
Exceptional Fund prospects.
1. Work with research office, major gift officers, and other Exceptional Fund
officers to identify prospects for cultivation.
2. Use available technology tools to identify and prioritize prospects.
3. Formulate plan to contact and solicit assigned prospects on a regular basis, and
track all contacts in Banner. Majority of contacts will occur by phone, with some
face-to-face visits in the Abilene, Big Country area and Texas.
4. Steward donors through gift delivery, thank you contacts, and other means.
5. Work together with other fundraising personnel to set and reach team and
6. Develop a proposed budget for travel (if needed) and other needs to steward
donors in portfolios and reach goals to fund the mission of ACU.
7. Perform discovery calls and visits for possible new donors
B. Coordinate a portion of the project load for the Exceptional Fund office.
1. Serve as point person for assigned projects, which would primarily include
follow-up contacts for events, mailings, or other specific fundraising projects.
2. Work with Assistant V.P. of Alumni & University Relations to set direction,
goals, and strategy for projects.
3. Work with Assistant V.P. of Alumni & University Relations to coordinate direct
mail or other support needed to implement projects.
4. Help with special projects for fundraising purposes. (Faculty/Staff campaign, Day
of Giving, etc.)
5. Help with events on campus with Alumni Relations, boards, or special events.
(Graduation, Opening Ceremony, Donor events, etc.)
|Professional Development Requirements
1. Must be self-motivated, proactive, and able to manage tasks with minimum
2. Must communicate effectively and listen intently in order to build donor
3. Must view fundraising as essential to the University’s mission.
4. Maintain a broad knowledge of University events and goals.
5. Maintain a working knowledge of the following computer software applications:
a. Microsoft Windows and the Office Suite (2007 or later),
particularly Word and Excel
c. Gmail/Google Calendar
B. Training Modules Required
1. Necessary computer software applications as mentioned under III.A.
2. Participate in training regarding cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
3. Participate in management and organizational skill workshops as deemed
1. Minimum educational requirement is a bachelor’s degree.
2. Experience in a multi-task environment that is deadline-driven, especially in an
area that requires frequent communication with others in a professional setting, as
well as a self-motivating, entrepreneurial attitude.
3. Prior fundraising experience preferred.
1. Display effective written and oral communication skills.
2. Display strong interpersonal relationship skills.
3. Display the ability to maintain a high, consistent level of self-motivation and
proactive approach to job.
4. Display strong organizational skills.
5. Display a professional appearance.
ACU does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, disability, genetic information, national or ethnic origin in employment opportunities, in keeping with applicable state and federal law.
ACU is committed to maintaining a safe and secure campus environment and protecting the university's financial and physical assets. Therefore, Abilene Christian University conducts background checks on all candidates for employment in security sensitive positions.