Dean of Student Experience
Job no: 492702
Work Type: Staff full-time
Categories: Executive, Staff
ACU is affiliated with the fellowship of the Church of Christ. All applicants must be professing Christians and willing to support the Christian mission and purpose of Abilene Christian University while employed by the university.
|Title of Position
||Dean of Student Experience
||Exempt Full time
||A. Ensure a Christ-centered, rich and vibrant student experience at ACU.
B. Provide supervision, vision, and leadership to support staff responsible for the key
elements of the student experience including: wildcat week, student activities,
social clubs, campus recreation, intramurals, student organizations, Sing-Song,
Family Weekend, and student leadership development.
C. Serve as student life liaison to food service vendor
D. Monitor and drive retention through the student experience
E. Insure graduating students emerge with strong interpersonal and life skills such as
financial literacy, intercultural competency, and a strong sense of professionalism.
A. Provide Leadership and Direction for the ACU student experience.
1. Develop and maintain a vibrant event calendar that connects students to the many
rich opportunities afforded by life on a college campus including academic,
athletic, spiritual and social programming.
2. Track student involvement through the Involvio App to determine the most
desirable dimensions of the student experience.
3. Adopt national best practices for the co-curricular experience.
B. Provide vision, leadership and direction for ACU’s storied Social Club System
1. Adopt best practices for a mission-focused approach to social clubs
2. Work closely with club sponsors to assure mission alignment
3. Assimilate approaches to new member orientation that embrace ACU’s Christian
mission and ensure compliance with state law.
4. Stay abreast of national developments in fraternity and sorority life.
5. Lead an inter-social club council that develops student ownership and leadership
in the club system.
C. Supervise several director-level direct reports
1. Director of Student Activities and new student orientation
2. Director of Social Clubs
3. Director of Campus Recreation
D. Serve as student life liaison to the food service provider
1. Ensure high quality food delivered at a fair price
2. Engage student involvement in the food service choices
3. Ensure a strong revenue stream for the University
|Professional Development Requirements
1. Excellent interpersonal skills are essential
2. Strong verbal and written communication skills
3. Strong business acumen and the ability to work within budget constraints
4. Outstanding character and the willingness to serve as a Christian role model for
5. The ability to create buy in and embrace shared governance
6. A fundamental understanding of the strengths based approach
B. Training Modules Required
2. SSC Campus
1. Doctorate in higher education or related field preferred but a combination of
bachelor’s or master’s degree joined with relevant experience and a demonstrated
level of leadership in complex organizations and settings will be considered.
2. At least 3 years of higher education experience or similar demonstratively
ACU is affiliated with the fellowship of the Church of Christ. This position requires
the employee to be a professing Christian and to be willing to support the Christian
mission of ACU.
||A. Must be able to maintain a positive professional demeanor at all times
B. Must be able to work under stressful conditions, especially related to projects or other
deadline oriented work.
C. Must be able to work at a fast pace, sometimes for long hours.
ACU does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, disability, genetic information, national or ethnic origin in employment opportunities, in keeping with applicable state and federal law.
ACU is committed to maintaining a safe and secure campus environment and protecting the university's financial and physical assets. Therefore, Abilene Christian University conducts background checks on all candidates for employment in security sensitive positions.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend