Student Proofreader: Short-Term Grant Project
Job no: 492733
Work Type: Student employee
Categories: Library Services
ACU is affiliated with the fellowship of the Church of Christ. All applicants must be professing Christians and willing to support the Christian mission and purpose of Abilene Christian University while employed by the university.
|Title of Position
||Student Proofreader: Short-Term Grant Project
|Hours per Week
||Seeking students proofreaders who have
- The ability to work independently and stay on task
- Strong English language skills, including spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Attention to details such as document formatting and consistency in numeration, tables of contents, etc.
- The physically ability to look at computer screens and printed books for long periods of time
- (Preferred, not required) Demonstrated experience with proofreading/editing OR subject familiarity with biblical studies/theology (the subject matter of the texts)
|Position Description/ Job Duties
||This short-term grant project involves proofreading recently digitized ebook texts of theological subject matter to find errors and inconsistencies. Proofreaders are not reading every word for comprehension but skimming carefully for obvious or repeated mistakes.
Proofreaders should be able to sit and read for long periods of time (but are highly encouraged to plan to take breaks to rest their eyes.)
Being a grant-funded project, student employees will only be asked to do work directly related to the grant. (https://blogs.acu.edu/scholarslab/2019/08/08/the-open-book-project/)
||10-20 hours per week during normal business hours. We will work with student schedules to identify the best scheduling situation. Hours will be available until the proofreading work is completed (anticipated in April) but will NOT be available through the end of the semester.
ACU does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, disability, genetic information, national or ethnic origin in employment opportunities, in keeping with applicable state and federal law.
ACU is committed to maintaining a safe and secure campus environment and protecting the university's financial and physical assets. Therefore, Abilene Christian University conducts background checks on all candidates for employment in security sensitive positions.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend