A. Provide vision and leadership for the Student Life team.
1. Cast vision and mission for the Student Life team that supports ACU’s mission.
2. In conjunction with Deans/Directors in Student Life, lead staff responsible for the following areas: Spiritual Formation, Residence Life Education and Housing, Student Dining, Student Organizations, Judicial Affairs, Career Services, Student Retention, Multicultural Enrichment, Medical Care and Counseling Center, Student Productions, the Student Rec and Wellness Center, Intramural Sports, Title IX and Wildcat Week.
3. Meet regularly with the Student Life team and work with them in a collaborative manner to accomplish the mission of Student Life.
B. Provide vision and leadership with regard to policies and procedures within Student Life.
1. In conjunction with the Senior Leadership Team, create and maintain the Student Guide.
2. In conjunction with the Director of Residence Life Education and Housing, create and maintain the Residence Life Guide.
3. Oversee Student Life compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act and all other applicable rules and regulations.
C. Design, develop and maintain appropriate standards and operating procedures with regard to student disciplinary issues, in partnership with the Dean of Students.
1. Ensure that investigations of university policy violations/student guide violations are conducted in an appropriate manner, in keeping with the mission of the university and the Student Life division.
2. In partnership with the Dean of Students, make decisions with reference to student disciplinary suspensions or expulsions.
3. Ensure that the student disciplinary appeals process is conducted in a manner consistent with the mission of the university and the Student Life division.
D. Provide vision and leadership with regard to Student Development
1. Design, develop and maintain effective partnerships with Academic Affairs units to connect curriculum and co-curriculum in order to enhance student development.
2. Design, develop and maintain learning environments initiated by Student Life areas that are intentionally designed to enhance the intellectual, spiritual, social and emotional development of the student.
3. Research, design and develop effective assessments for evaluating the effectiveness of Student Life co-curriculum.
4. Represent Student Life at major university events, such as New Student Orientation, Wildcat Week, Homecoming, etc.
5. Interact with the Board of Trustees, including dialogue on significant issues, presentations, etc.
|Professional Development Requirements
1. Excellent communication skills
2. Ability to make effective, clear presentations in order to present Student Life projects and research to the broader university community as well as external constituents.
3. Organizational skills
4. Time management
5. Budget management
6. Problem solving
7. Strong decision making
8. Team building
9. Conflict resolution
10. Computer skills
B. Training Modules Required
1. Online budget training in the Banner computer system and other pertinent computer systems within Student Life
2. Continued professional development through conference attendance
ACU does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, disability, genetic information, national or ethnic origin in employment opportunities, in keeping with applicable state and federal law.
ACU is committed to maintaining a safe and secure campus environment and protecting the university's financial and physical assets. Therefore, Abilene Christian University conducts background checks on all candidates for employment in security sensitive positions.