Apply now Job no: 492762
Work Type: Staff full-time
Categories: Admissions and Recruiting, Staff
ACU is affiliated with the fellowship of the Church of Christ. All applicants must be professing Christians and willing to support the Christian mission and purpose of Abilene Christian University while employed by the university.
Title of Position Admissions Manager
Posting Location ACU Dallas
Department Dallas Admissions
Employee Class Exempt Full time
Basic Responsibilities A. Support daily enrollment advisor and student activities
B. Verifies regular contact of students for admission documents by advising team C. Audits admission packets D. Maintains relationships with Program Directors of various College’s E. Has a high working knowledge of internal database and CRM systems including Google systems and Microsoft office products. F. Outstanding professional written and verbal communication. G. Work to meet deadlines. H. Deliver ongoing feedback and performance reviews I. Have strong knowledge of the Higher Education Industry and internal structure of a higher education institution.
Essential Duties A. Provides effective communication with staff members and prospective/or current
students via telephone, email and/or in person. 1. The candidate will be proficient in the use of the Internet and is detail oriented. Our top contender needs to have strong analytical and critical thinking skills, as well as be driven and self-motivated. 2. We are looking for someone with excellent customer service skills, as well as superior verbal and written communication skills. 3. Bachelor's degree required, advanced degree desirable 4. 1 - 2 years of previous admissions experience preferred 5. Keen mind, excellent negotiator with a strong work ethic; has high energy and is committed team player with excellent leadership capabilities 6. Ability to train and develop subordinates 7. Ability to lead and manage a team 8. Capacity to work in a fast-paced environment and to be a self-starter 9. Demonstrates personal and professional integrity. 10. Can work well in a team environment and will be able to perform as an effective teammate within cross-functional teams. 11. The ability to stay organized, easily multi-task and prioritize with ease. 12. Displays public support and pride in company initiatives, assists others in seeing the positive aspects of a new initiative and is seen by other members of team as a positive influence. 13. Assists with additional work duties or responsibilities as evident or required. 14. Performs other duties as assigned or apparent.
Professional Development Requirements
1. Possess a high knowledge of the higher education market and industry 2. Must be student and advisor oriented and have the ability to perform multiple tasks efficiently and effectively 3. Proven ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks efficiently and effectively 4. Customer service or advising experience in an educational environment entailing one on one interaction is highly preferred 5. Must be self-motivated and be able to work effectively in a team environment
B. Training Modules Required
1. New Manager Training 2. Technology Tools Training (including CRM system)
3. Others as development needs dictate
1. Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution 2. Demonstrable experience from successfully working in a team environment 3. Minimum of 1-2 years in an Enrollment function role 4. Some evening and weekend hours may be required. B. Personal 1. Collaborative nature 2. Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written 3. Desire for meaningful work and mission orientation 4. Utilize critical thinking and problem solving skills
Physical Demands C. Physical Demands
1. Work is performed in an office environment; must have the ability to sit for long periods of time (6-8 hours). 2. Must be able to use a telephone or headset equipment and able to perform work at a computer in a cubicle. 3. May be required to the manual operation of general office equipment. 4. Limited travel may be required – locations vary and some overnight travel may be necessary.
ACU does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, disability, genetic information, national or ethnic origin in employment opportunities, in keeping with applicable state and federal law.
ACU is committed to maintaining a safe and secure campus environment and protecting the university's financial and physical assets. Therefore, Abilene Christian University conducts background checks on all candidates for employment in security sensitive positions.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time April 02, 2020
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend