Apply now Job no: 492789
Work Type: Staff full-time
ACU is affiliated with the fellowship of the Church of Christ. All applicants must be professing Christians and willing to support the Christian mission and purpose of Abilene Christian University while employed by the university.
Title of Position Programmer Analyst
Posting Location Abilene, TX
Department Enterprise Applications
Employee Class Exempt Full time
Basic Responsibilities A. Develop, maintain, and integrate software used by the university.
B. Administer and support software applications used by the university. C. Provide customer support.
A. Develop, maintain, and integrate software used by the university.
1. Writing and maintaining software to meet program specifications. 2. Integrating and modifying third party software with the ACU environment. 3. Modifying software to accommodate the ACU environment. 4. Testing new software and changes to existing software to ensure applications meet ACU’s quality standards and conform to industry practices. 5. Documenting software systems, including program development and revisions in a source code repository.
B. Administer and support software applications used by the university.
1. Installing new software and required upgrades.
2. Testing new software and changes to existing software to ensure applications meet ACU’s quality standards and conform to industry practices. 3. Documenting software systems. 4. Participating in teams to maximize the use of software applications on campus. C. Provide customer support. 1. Supporting business areas in their use of software applications. 2. Analyzing business requirements and recommending software to fill business needs. 3. Researching and responding to questions and problems related to software systems. 4. Documenting issues identified in software systems. 5. Creating a path to resolution for issues identified in software systems.
Professional Development Requirements
1. Programming experience in languages such as Java, PHP, Groovy, .NET Framework, C#, Objective-C, Python, and PL/SQL. 2. Programming experience using a database management system such as Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server, or NoSQL databases like MongoDB. 3. Familiarity with tools such as Git and Maven. 4. Knowledge of client and server operating systems like Windows, Linux, and Mac OS. 5. Web and application server setup and administration, including Apache HTTP Server, Apache Tomcat, and Nginx. 6. Thorough knowledge of the differences in web browsers, operating systems, and current web technologies. 7. An understanding of usability and accessibility issues. 8. Adept interpersonal and communications skills. This includes the ability to translate computer-related jargon into terms understandable to the end-user. 9. Strong organizational skills. 10. Ability to keep current with information technology and its application to Higher Education. This includes participating in conferences and training classes on Higher Education application software or computing systems. B. Training Modules Required 1. Software development seminars or training. 2. Applications training. 3. Operating systems training.
4. Database Management Systems training or courses.
5. Interpersonal and communications classes and workshops. 6. Time and multiple priorities management workshops.
A. ACU is affiliated with the fellowship of the Church of Christ. This position requires
the employee to be a professing Christian and to be willing to support the Christian mission of ACU.
1. BS or BBA Degree, preferably in Computer Science or Management Information Systems, or equivalent experience. 2. Programming, database support, and systems support duties for at least two years. 3. Applications management and support responsibilities for at least two years. 4. Experience in higher education is preferred.
1. Work as a team member. 2. Good communication skills: oral and written. 3. Strong people skills: interact with students, faculty, staff, contractors, and vendors.
Physical Demands A. Must be able to work with a computer for extended periods of time (88% of the time).
B. Must be able to work occasional extended work hours. This includes responding to telephone calls outside of business hours while maintaining normal work hours.
ACU does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, disability, genetic information, national or ethnic origin in employment opportunities, in keeping with applicable state and federal law.
ACU is committed to maintaining a safe and secure campus environment and protecting the university's financial and physical assets. Therefore, Abilene Christian University conducts background checks on all candidates for employment in security sensitive positions.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time June 26, 2020
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend