A. Coordinate projects involving telecommunication and networking resources
1. Work with project leads on campus projects that require networking,
telecommunications, technical, and logistical considerations
2. Analyze scope-of-work documents and drawings, as well as meet with project
leads, campus contractors, vendors, faculty, and/or staff to develop budgetary
estimates, resource requirements, and deliverable schedules
3. Work with campus contractors, project leads, student employees, faculty, staff,
and/or students to schedule work and coordinate access, to minimize disruptions
and adhere to project timelines and budget considerations.
4. Review telecommunications and networking project expenses to ensure accuracy
and reconcile expenses to appropriate projects and budgets
5. Manage, schedule, and supervise student employees and campus contractors to
ensure work is completed in a timely and professional fashion.
6. Review and assign all work requests submitted through the technology helpdesk
to appropriate networking personnel or student employee
B. Provide telecommunication and networking administration services for
telecommunication and networking systems and infrastructures
1. Manage, analyze, and coordinate the installation and repair of the campus cabling
plant including fiber optic cables, copper telephone cables, and data networking
2. Manage, analyze, and provision services of the campus telephone system, voice
mail system, E911 location database system, and cable television system
3. Consult with faculty, staff, and students to identify new service and feature
requests and provide estimates associated with implementing these services and
4. Coordinate with vendors, contractors, and service providers to ensure
telecommunication and networking systems are operating optimally.
C. Provide administration services for electronic door access systems and infrastructures
1. Manage, analyze, and coordinate the installation and repair of electronic door
access equipment and cabling
2. Coordinate with vendors, contractors, and system administrators to ensure the
electronic door access system is operating optimally
D. Identify, evaluate, and recommend new telecommunication and network software and
1. Analyze new and emerging technologies, assessing potential value for campus
technology services and initiatives
2. Evaluate and document new technology implementations
3. Analyze and provide written recommendations for proposed telecommunication
and network technologies
a. College degree, preferably in engineering, business, or related field and/or
a. 2-4 years of project management experience
b. 2-4 years of enterprise telephony administration experience
c. 2-4 years of data networking experience, specifically analyzing and
supporting an enterprise corporate network.
1. Ability to do extensive telecommunication and network testing and problem
2. Ability to manage a project from conception to implementation
3. Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the University
ACU does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, disability, genetic information, national or ethnic origin in employment opportunities, in keeping with applicable state and federal law.
ACU is committed to maintaining a safe and secure campus environment and protecting the university's financial and physical assets. Therefore, Abilene Christian University conducts background checks on all candidates for employment in security sensitive positions.