I. Basic Responsibilities: Provide high-quality instruction, direction and support for students in the online classroom environment.
II. Essential Duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
A. Provide high-quality instruction, direction and support for students in the online classroom environment.
1. Provide rich and timely feedback on student work, being both encouraging and constructively critical.
2. Facilitate a range of class sizes, up to 29 students.
3. Place students in groups on Canvas for assignments/discussions.
4. Provide timely and helpful answers to students’ inquiries regarding course material or academic matters.
5. Be available for virtual meetings with students one-on-one or in group settings and hold a minimum of two office hours per week.
6. Facilitate and grade all assignments in a timely manner (within 24-72 hours).
7. Enter final course grades after consultation with the lead faculty and/or program director by CGPS deadline.
8. Alert lead faculty or Program Director to any student issues. This includes performance issues (e.g. failing grades, failing to turn in assignments, etc.) and policy violation issues (e.g. plagiarism).
9. Comply with all pertinent policies and procedures outlined in Abilene Christian University’s Handbook, Faculty Guidelines, and those specified by ACU’s College of Graduate and Professional Studies.
10. Provide feedback to program director for program and/or course improvement.
11. Participate in faculty meetings as able.
12. Attend/complete program and CGPS faculty training and provide credentialing/records updates as required.
13. Other duties, as assigned and directed by lead faculty and/or Program Director.
III. Professional Development Requirements:
1. Attention to detail and follow through.
2. Time management skills.
3. Maintain confidentiality.
4. Computer proficiency.
5. Excellent verbal communication, written communication, and interpersonal abilities.
6. Provide quality instruction and support to students while maintaining academic and university standards.
7. Ability to collaborate or work independently as the situation requires.
B. Training Modules Required
1. Microsoft Word, Excel, Access
2. Google Calendar, Mail, Sheets and Docs
3. Canvas and Bridge (online learning platforms)
V. Physical Demands:
Majority of work is performed in front of a computer and on the telephone; must have the ability to use the computer and remain stationary for long periods of time.
Manage conversations in person, online and by telephone.
Work well under pressure and manage stress well.
Communicate clearly: speak, read, write, and hear clearly to perform essential functions.