A. Co-manage all aspects of student employees with the Director of Student
Services and Orientation
1. Prepare work schedules for all employees, ensuring appropriate staffing is in
place for both the Wildcat Central front desk and phones lines.
2. Ensure that employees are properly trained on all aspects of their jobs;
including, regular communication regarding activities or processes in
departments supported by Student Services: Student Financial Services,
Billing, Registrar’s Office and The Campus Center.
3. Initiate appropriate remediation for underperforming employees, including the
creation and implementation of performance improvement plans, and
termination if necessary.
4. Conduct annual appraisals and determine appropriate salaries.
5. Conduct regular team meetings and training related to customer service and
financial aid counseling.
B. Maintain and grow partnerships with offices currently served by Wildcat
1. Meet regularly with the Director of Wildcat Central and Orientation to assist
with campus partnerships
2. Serve as an advocate for students and families with regard to policies,
communications, and financial aid counseling.
3. Lead the effort to update the supporting technologies used by Student Services
(8X8 phone systems, myACU, Banner, TouchNet, CS Gold, Campus, etc.)
4. Seek out opportunities to serve as the campus resource person for customer
C. Lead ACU in discussion and implementation of customer service innovations
for students and families, maintaining ACU’s status as a national leader in
1. Seek out and identify new ways to provide quality service to students and/or
2. Identify and articulate customer service trends in both higher education and
3. Leverage existing ACU processes and systems to provide customer service
4. Develop operational strategies that:
a. Anticipate student needs
b. Communicate with parents as needed an allowed by FERPA
c. Are proactive (vs. reactive) in nature
d. Focus on preventative measures
e. Meet student or parent needs in escalated situation
5. Capture information/feedback that guides and informs strategy on customer
service, student satisfaction, and serve as the informant for needed
improvement on communication and/or customer service across campus (e.g.,
monitoring and reporting on number and type of incoming calls/walk-
ins/emails; student satisfaction surveys, etc.)
D. Manage and execute the financial counseling of ACU students, including
financial communication efforts of the University in partnership with the
Student Financial Services and Billing offices.
1. Ensure that financial settlement e-mail communication is accurate, updated,
and sent in a timely manner according to the financial settlement proactive
2. Organize, and oversee completion of call/email campaigns to students and
parents before and after financial settlement
3. Maintain a strong working partnership with Student Financial Services
i. Meet regularly with the Director of SFS
ii. develop trust with both teams
iii. ensure dynamic and consistent communication with staff
and customers in regard to financial aid
iv. Work closely with the financial aid team to stay apprised of
changes to university policies and procedures regarding the
financial aid awarding processes
v. Stay up to date with changes in the financial aid environment
through subscriptions to relevant associations (TASFA, NASFA,
4. Serve as a Financial Counselor to a select population of students and ensure all
students are assigned a financial aid counselor.
1. Bachelor's degree required
2. Supervisory experience preferred
3. Experience in customer service field
4. Ability to develop and interpret quantitative assessment instruments
5. Ability to create, execute, and see initiatives through to completion
6. Strategic planning experience preferred
7. Ability to handle multiple initiatives at once
8. Ability to organize & manage high call and email volumes
1. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
2. Strong and proven leadership abilities
3. Proven ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
4. Desire to work in a fast-paced, unpredictable environment
5. Tremendous interpersonal skills
6. Demonstrated ability to work in a team-based organization
7. Self-motivated and driven
9. Exceptional organizational skills
ACU does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, disability, genetic information, national or ethnic origin in employment opportunities, in keeping with applicable state and federal law.
ACU is committed to maintaining a safe and secure campus environment and protecting the university's financial and physical assets. Therefore, Abilene Christian University conducts background checks on all candidates for employment in security sensitive positions.