A. Serve students and parents by providing them with general information that relates
to the administrative aspects of attending ACU as well as assisting them in the
completion of administrative tasks.
1. Provide frontline support for campus partners (Financial Aid, Academic
Advising, Billing, Registrar, etc.) by responding to inbound calls, assisting walk-
in customers, replying to various forms of electronic inquiries, and proactively
contacting customers through outbound calls and email campaigns.
2. Consistently demonstrate excellent customer service skills to all constituents.
3. Demonstrate proficiency in all supporting systems including but not limited to
CS Gold, Touchnet, EAB Navigate, Banner, Google software systems, and
4. Facilitate communication between constituents and the university in a timely
B. Serve as a financial aid counselor to current and prospective students and parents.
1. Answer financial aid and billing questions from inquiring students and parents.
2. Provide times to meet, individually and privately, with students and families as
3. Participate in proactive email campaigns for student success and removal of
barriers related to financial aid.
4. Be proficient and knowledgeable in all areas of financial aid, including
scholarships, loans, the FAFSA, federal and state aid, and other external sources
where students might apply for more aid.
5. Provide communication to students about the status of their accounts, including
FAFSA, loans, missing documentation, verification process, etc.
6. Support efforts to educate students and families about financial aid through
events such as Affordability Seminars, New Student Orientation, and other
events as requested.
C. Supervise and train student employees in the Student Administrative Services area.
1. Assist in training and coaching student employees in all aspects of excellent
2. Assist in training student employees in the operations of the various areas served
by Wildcat Central. These include but are not limited to Financial Aid, Billing,
Academic Advising, Registrar, etc.
3. Assist at the front desk when necessary
4. Assist in training student employees to properly use the supporting systems in the
Student Administrative Services area. These systems include but are not limited
to CS Gold, Touchnet, EAB Campus, Banner, Google software systems, and
5. Foster an environment of professional development and mentorship in which
full-time staff and student staff collaborate and work as a team.
D. Complete various Student Services office duties, including but not limited to:
administrative support to students and parents in-person, over the telephone, email,
and instant messaging; staying up-to-date on policy and procedural changes in
supported areas; scheduling; coordinating special projects; attending regular staff
meetings; and maintaining an organized and efficient workspace.
1. Keep training manuals and online documents updated as needed.
2. Identify training needs and assist in development of training materials.
3. Maintain an orderly and welcoming work environment.
4. Develop and maintain good working relationships with the various departments
served by the Student Administrative Services department.
E. Maintain and manage special projects and responsibilities as specifically assigned
by the Associate Director of Financial Counseling and Student Services, including
but not limited to: metric reports, liaison functions between Wildcat Central and its
partner offices, retention and/or financial aid appeals process, marketing
specialization, and student employee hiring.
1. Serve as liaison to one of Wildcat Central’s partner offices, attending staff
meetings, maintaining a working relationship, and staying current with changing
personnel and processes.
2. Dedicate proactive attention to specially assigned functions, acting as a point-of-
contact for Wildcat Central and campus partners regarding policies and
procedures in the assigned area.
3. Contribute to an environment of creativity, assessing processes and finding
solutions to improve efficiency and service.
4. Collaborate with team members and campus partners to enhance Wildcat
Central’s online presence and communication of services to students.
5. Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree required
2. Experience and competence with Microsoft Office applications, word processing,
Google email applications, and web browsers
3. Customer service experience strongly preferred
4. Financial aid counseling experience strongly preferred
5. Ability to fluently speak Spanish strongly preferred
1. Commitment to excellent customer service
2. Ability to remain calm and joyful, especially during peak times
3. Ability to communicate policies, procedures, and regulations confidently
4. Ability to empathize with customers
5. Advanced problem solving capabilities
ACU does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, disability, genetic information, national or ethnic origin in employment opportunities, in keeping with applicable state and federal law.
ACU is committed to maintaining a safe and secure campus environment and protecting the university's financial and physical assets. Therefore, Abilene Christian University conducts background checks on all candidates for employment in security sensitive positions.