A. Media Relations
1. Responsible for being the primary contact for volleyball, women’s basketball, baseball and men’s and women’s tennis programs
2. Work with news media at ACU events to provide the best possible press box services to ensure adequate coverage.
3. Maintain good relationship with news media and create atmosphere of trust and respect.
4. Report on events not attended by the director or representatives of the news media.
5. Manage and assure accurate and complete statistics for same-day game coverage by news media, for historical purposes and for reporting to conference and nation organizations.
6. Ensure that stories and ideas published reflect the mission and ideas of the university. Continuously extend and expand coverage into new markets.
7. Serve as a team liaison to the entire campus, developing a positive, trusting relationship with people at all levels.
1. News releases
2. Daily maintenance of content associated with and relating to the ACU athletic website, ACU athletics Facebook and Twitter pages.
C. Event Management/Statistics
1. Compilation and maintenance of statistics and results
1. Responsible for coordinating with the Senior Associate Director of Athletics for Media and Community Relations for production of media guides, record books, game programs and other publications as necessary.
2. Responsible for producing game notes
E. Event Broadcasts
1. Responsible for working selected radio or online broadcasts of ACU athletics.
F. Web, video, web streaming
1. Responsible for helping maintain ACU athletics’ Web presence on the sports Web site (www.acusports.com).
2. Responsible for keeping ACU fans, lettermen and alumni updated on ACU athletics through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other social media channels.
3. Responsible for recruiting, selecting, training and scheduling student workers for stat work and / or web streaming for as many as 75 home games during a given athletics season.
G. Conference/National Organizations
1. Provide required/requested information (schedules, statistics, biographical information, records, scores, etc.) to Southland Conference and National Collegiate Athletic Association.
2. With a goal of benefiting the university, its program to intercollegiate athletics and its student-athletes, volunteer for and become involved with local, state and national athletic organizations (examples: sportswriters association for team rankings and all-American honors, College Sports Information Directors of America for academic all-America)
H. Athletics Marketing/Image Management
1. Develop and maintain a crisis communication plan.
2. Use the Internet and Web to its maximum advantage in promoting ACU athletics, people, events and ideas. Coordinate university web content with athletic marketing team, Web team and Director of Athletics.
3. Supervise/Manage student workers, interns, and graduate assistant.