Adjunct Faculty - General Education
Job no: 492609
Work Type: Faculty part-time
Location: Dallas, Remote
ACU is affiliated with the fellowship of the Church of Christ. All applicants must be professing Christians and willing to support the Christian mission and purpose of Abilene Christian University while employed by the university.
|Title of Position
||Adjunct Faculty - General Education
||Abilene Christian University - Remote
||Provide high-quality instruction, direction and support for students in the online classroom environment.
||A. Provide high-quality instruction, direction and support for students in the online classroom environment.
1. Provide rich and timely feedback on student work, being both encouraging and constructively critical.
2. Facilitate a range of class sizes, up to 29 students.
3. Place students in groups on Canvas for assignments/discussions.
4. Provide timely and helpful answers to students’ inquiries regarding course material or academic matters.
5. Be available for virtual meetings with students one-on-one or in group settings and hold a minimum of two office hours per week.
6. Facilitate and grade all assignments in a timely manner (within 24-72 hours).
7. Enter final course grades after consultation with lead faculty and/or program director by CGPS deadline.
8. Alert lead faculty or Assistant Dean to any student issues. This includes performance issues (e.g. failing grades, failing to turn in assignments, etc.) and policy violation issues (e.g. plagiarism).
9. Comply with all pertinent policies and procedures outlined in Abilene Christian University’s Handbook, Faculty Guidelines, and those specified by ACU’s College of Graduate and Professional Studies.
10. Provide feedback to program director for program and/or course improvement.
11. Participate in faculty meetings as able.
12. Attend/complete program and CGPS faculty training and provide credentialing/records updates as required.
13. Other duties, as assigned and directed by lead faculty and/or Assistant Dean.
|Professional Development Requirements
1. Attention to detail and follow through.
2. Time management skills.
3. Maintain confidentiality.
4. Computer proficiency.
5. Excellent verbal communication, written communication, and interpersonal abilities.
6. Provide quality instruction and support to student while maintaining academic and university standards.
7. Ability to collaborate or work independently as the situation requires.
B. Training Modules Required
1. Microsoft Word, Excel, Access
2. Google Calendar, Mail, Sheets and Docs
3. Canvas and Bridge (online learning platforms)
1. Interest and ability to teach in one of the following areas and a Masters degree or higher from an accredited institution in the field: Biology (ecology expertise preferred), Math (Math for Business, Calculus for Applications, Statistical Methods preferred), English, Communication and/or History.
2. Previous online teaching experience in higher education strongly preferred.
3. Computer literate in software and internet-based applications.
1. Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
2. Ability to view and manage role and responsibilities in relation to larger mission, goals and perspective of the university.
3. Collaborative nature, with the ability to build consensus.
4. Outstanding organizational and project management skills with the ability to consistently meet deadlines.
5. Self-motivated and solves problems, asking for input and initiating solutions as appropriate and reasonable.
6. Capacity to quickly learn new software applications.
7. Willingness to receive additional training and/or faculty mentoring.
8. Ability to demonstrate good judgment when interacting with students, other faculty and staff.
||A. Majority of work is performed in front of a computer and on the telephone; must have the ability to use the computer and remain stationary for long periods of time.
B. Manage conversations in person, online and by telephone.
C. Work well under pressure and manage stress well.
D. Communicate clearly: speak, read, write, and hear clearly to perform essential functions.
ACU does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, disability, genetic information, national or ethnic origin in employment opportunities, in keeping with applicable state and federal law.
ACU is committed to maintaining a safe and secure campus environment and protecting the university's financial and physical assets. Therefore, Abilene Christian University conducts background checks on all candidates for employment in security sensitive positions.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend