Job no: 492704
Work Type: Staff part-time
ACU is affiliated with the fellowship of the Church of Christ. All applicants must be professing Christians and willing to support the Christian mission and purpose of Abilene Christian University while employed by the university.
|Title of Position
||Art & Design
||Nonexempt Part time
||Facilitator will oversee weekly lab sessions lasting 1 hour. Activities include:
● Administer weekly quizzes: The facilitator will publish Canvas quizzes at appropriate time
and facilitate an environment of academic honesty and integrity throughout the quiz
● Oversee weekly software skills exam: The facilitator will oversee students as they
demonstrate specific software skills. Students will be presented with graphics and
required to recreate them using methods learned prior to the lab session. The facilitator
should be familiar with the methods described and prepared to assess students success in
recreating the graphic appropriately.
● Project Process Check-in: During the standard weekly class session students will be
working on projects that span multiple weeks. These projects require the production of a
variety of process materials. Examples include sketches, rough drafts, collection of
inspiration, etc. Students will be required to bring those process materials to the lab
session for a weekly check-in. The facilitator will review and grade the materials to ensure
the student is keeping up.
● Blog Assessment: Review blog posts and assess for meeting basic requirements (word
count, comments, inclusion of appropriate links and images). The instructor will follow up
and grade the quality of content.
|Professional Development Requirements
||Required Software Experience:
● Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop)
● Mac Operating System
Prefered Software Experience:
● Canvas Learning Management System
Prefered Degrees and Professional Experience
● BFA or BS in Graphic Design
● 2-3 years of professional experience working as a graphic designer
ACU does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, disability, genetic information, national or ethnic origin in employment opportunities, in keeping with applicable state and federal law.
ACU is committed to maintaining a safe and secure campus environment and protecting the university's financial and physical assets. Therefore, Abilene Christian University conducts background checks on all candidates for employment in security sensitive positions.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend