Temporary Mission Trip Coordinator
Job no: 492709
Work Type: Temporary staff
ACU is affiliated with the fellowship of the Church of Christ. All applicants must be professing Christians and willing to support the Christian mission and purpose of Abilene Christian University while employed by the university.
|Title of Position
||Temporary Mission Trip Coordinator
||College of Biblical Studies
||Nonexempt Temporary Staff
|Interested parties should send a cover letter (one page, double spaced, 12 pt. font) and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Center is searching for a part time worker to help coordinate these Global Service Trips. The timing of the need is from January 2020 through early June 2020, at which date the position will end. The person in this position will perform work primarily in the Halbert Center offices, but may also need access to facilities outside of the Halbert Center.
A. Coordinating trip details including, but not limited to,
1. Trip participant applications, registrations and waitlists
2. Participant information and records
3. Fundraising guidance for students and trip budget oversight
4. Trip logistical arrangements (booking flights, accommodations, etc.)
5. Assistance with team curriculum and meeting agenda
6. Completion of university travel approval process
B. Communication and follow up
1. Conversations with students about fundraising, meeting deadlines,
registration info, etc.
2. Communication with trip leaders
3. Communication with host ministry sites
4. Coordinating with other trip coordinator(s) and student workers
5. Efficiently report and communicate regarding status of trips
C. Problem solving with staff, faculty, team leaders, students, and others
D. Documentation of travel packets and other information in appropriate systems
E. Preparation of trip folders and other information needed by leaders
F. Registering trip participants with insurance agency and US embassies
G. Other duties necessary to coordinate Global Service Trips not otherwise mentioned
|Professional Development Requirements
||1. Strong organization skills and attention to detail
2. Strong communication and interpersonal skills
3. A high level of interest and proficiency in administrative work
4. Strong ability to multi-task
5. Competence in managing programs/systems/projects
6. Proficiency with computer technology and systems, as a user
ACU does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, disability, genetic information, national or ethnic origin in employment opportunities, in keeping with applicable state and federal law.
ACU is committed to maintaining a safe and secure campus environment and protecting the university's financial and physical assets. Therefore, Abilene Christian University conducts background checks on all candidates for employment in security sensitive positions.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend