Job no: 492456
Work Type: Staff full-time
Categories: Information Technology, Staff
ACU is affiliated with the fellowship of the Church of Christ. All applicants must be professing Christians and willing to support the Christian mission and purpose of Abilene Christian University while employed by the university.
|Title of Position
||Abilene Christian University - Abilene Campus
||A. Responsible for running AV systems during live events with the help of AV students as well as troubleshooting and diagnosing AV related issues.
B. Manage projects that involve acquiring, installing, modifying, and maintaining major AV systems on campus.
C. Acquire and evaluate new products and make recommendations for usage; ensure functionality and train faculty/staff on software/hardware.
D. Collaborate with other technicians to request and offer new and inventive technical information.
1. Complete training necessary to become an expert on all systems supported.
2. Manage and execute the AV systems for Chapel and the Cornerstone course with the assistance of student employees.
3. Support and maintain the AV systems for our major event spaces including, but not limited to, Wildcat Stadium, Hart Auditorium, Hunter Welcome Center, Moody Coliseum, Elmer Gray Track Stadium, and Cullen Auditorium.
4. Setup and run mobile AV systems for special events such as Wildcat week, Summit, and special ceremonies.
5. Organize and create schedules for the hiring of the student technician employees.
6. Provide training to new AV student employees.
7. Utilize a computerized work order system for tracking work requests, solutions, and providing statistics.
1. Implement new or upgraded audio-visual technology; evaluate and confirm functionality, and create documentation when necessary.
2. Coordinate with other Information Technology groups to identify and escalate problems as well as implement solutions.
3. Research, procure and coordinate all audio-visual equipment for all major live event spaces.
4. Deliver and install audio-visual equipment; organize hardware changes with Physical Resources and Network Services.
5. Direct campus contractors in large projects where demolition or construction is necessary.
1. Research through articles, white papers, and attend conferences to find essential and innovative solutions for campus.
2. Report recommendations and findings and provide documentation; offer tutorials on using technology as needed.
3. Establish pilots or betas to test the validity of proposed technology changes.
1. Meet once a week with other technicians, and on-demand with other divisions of Information Technology.
2. Distribute work orders to appropriate A/V staff
3. Participate actively on the help desk team.
4. Support other technicians when needed during high volume work requests.
|Professional Development Requirements
A. Skills Required
1. Logical thinking is required to read technical information; compose technical documents; facilitate technical discussions; problem-solving;
2. Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills are required for establishing and maintaining effective working relationships; communicating with persons with diverse technical knowledge and skills.
3. Experience and competence with various operating systems (e.g. OS X; Windows XP and Windows 7; iOS).
B. Knowledge Required:
1. Training with PC hardware/software.
2. Training with Macintosh hardware/software.
3. Training with audio-visual equipment.
4. Basic knowledge of wired/wireless networks, enterprise systems, and servers.
1. Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree with emphasis in computers or related field or equivalent experience.
2. Experience and competence with audio-visual equipment and the PC and Mac operating systems that support it.
3. Communication skills: strong verbal and written; ability to understand descriptions of problems and ability to convey information and solutions.
1. Ability to manage time; ability to multitask.
2. Ability to handle periods of high stress: not easily angered or upset.
||A. Manual dexterity: typing, plugging/unplugging connections, use of a mouse/trackpad, etc.
B. Lifting computers and monitors 30 lbs. in weight.
C. Crawling, bending over/under furniture, cramped spaces, etc. Moving monitors, CPU’s.
D. Good vision (read monitors, examine connectors, etc.); Not color blind; 20/20 correctable vision.
ACU does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, disability, genetic information, national or ethnic origin in employment opportunities, in keeping with applicable state and federal law.
ACU is committed to maintaining a safe and secure campus environment and protecting the university's financial and physical assets. Therefore, Abilene Christian University conducts background checks on all candidates for employment in security sensitive positions.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend