1. Work with Creative Services on printing and publication of recruiting materials.
2. Interview, hire, and supervise student recruiters (usually two) throughout the year.
3. Provide direct support to student recruiters in maintaining databases, communicating with prospective students and their families and coordinating communication with faculty.
4. Meet and communicate effectively with prospective students and families throughout the year during preview and admitted student days, special interest sessions, NSO days (new student orientation) and other days as needed.
5. Utilize Slate Manager to look up relevant information about incoming students.
6. Understand all degrees and scholarship requirements for majors, minors, and non-majors in the department.
7. Understand all ensembles in terms of structure, student requirements, and scholarship requirements.
8. Assist the Administrative Coordinator for the Performing Arts and student recruiters with the scheduling and execution of Departmental Audition Days.
9. Assist faculty with preparations and materials for recruiting trips.
10. When possible, accompany faculty on trips outlined above to provide support and be the face of the department with prospective students and their families.
11. Coordinate recruiting efforts with the Office of Admissions and the Alumni Association as needed.
12. Notify ACU web developers/editors of necessary updates, changes, etc. to the departmental website as regards to recruiting (scholarship and audition pages).
1. Provide administrative support for concerts and performances throughout the year.
2. Assist the directors and the Administrative Coordinator for the Performing Arts with communication regarding needs at Cullen Auditorium.
3. Assist the Administrative Coordinator for the Performing Arts in planning for alumni events.
4. Provide administrative support to the directors for ensemble materials such as the handbooks and newsletters.
5. Assist Directors in maintaining class-lists and other databases for ensembles.
6. Coordinate ensemble social activities for on and off campus events.
7. Staff sponsor for Band student leaders.
8. Summer Band/Choral Welcome Week
i. Coordinate with the First Year Program and Wildcat Week regarding scheduling, dorm check-in, etc. (Band only)
ii. Schedule social activities. (Choir/Band)
iii. Organize check-in procedure for students, assign and supervise student leaders for necessary jobs and tasks. (Band only)
iv. Provide support to directors as needed for rehearsals, rehearsal materials, etc. (Band/Choir)
9. Assist directors in coordinating travel for ensemble tours.
10. Assist Band directors with communication with Athletics regarding the scheduling of Moody Coliseum, Wildcat Stadium, etc.
i. Maintain instrument inventory and database.
ii. Assist student workers, student leaders, and faculty with instrument check in and out at appropriate times, including processing rental fees.
iii. Assist students and faculty with delivery of instruments for repair.
iv. Help student office workers maintain the “store” in the main office (student charges, inventory, etc.).
v. Assist the faculty with instruments for methods classes.
12. Uniforms/formal wear
i. Big Purple – help student leaders maintain the uniform room and database, coordinate uniform cleaning and repair, and assist with scheduling/planning for uniform check in and out.
ii. Basketball Band – assist directors in ordering of t-shirts, polos, etc.
iii. Choir – maintain database for dresses, tuxedos, and other formal wear, and assist with planning, purchasing, etc.
iv. Wind Ensemble & Orchestra – coordinate purchase of tuxedos.
13. Supervise ensemble student workers, including set up crews and ensemble music librarians.
14. Work with student leaders (usually the ensemble chaplain) in communicating chapel absences/excuses/credits with the chapel office.
15. Work with dept. accountant to make sure all ensemble expenses are paid, and turn in p–card receipts and/or Concur expenses.
16. Notify ACU web developers/editors of necessary updates, changes, etc. to the departmental website as regards to ensemble web pages.
|Professional Development Requirements
1. Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
2. Google – Drive, Mail, Calendars, Docs, Sheets, etc.
3. Social Media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
B. Training Modules Required
1. Slate Manager
3. CS Gold (in coordination with WPAC Office Coordinator)
ACU does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, disability, genetic information, national or ethnic origin in employment opportunities, in keeping with applicable state and federal law.
ACU is committed to maintaining a safe and secure campus environment and protecting the university's financial and physical assets. Therefore, Abilene Christian University conducts background checks on all candidates for employment in security sensitive positions.