A. Manage process, structure, and support systems for all student social clubs.
1. Serve as coordination and contact point for all student social clubs.
2. Coordinate and approve all student social club activities.
3. Aid student social clubs in organization, selection of leaders and sponsors, and other general support in accordance with the Student Handbook.
4. Oversee and manage of details of student eligibility, rushing and pledging processes, and active club rosters.
5. Communicate contents of Student Organization Handbook and required legal information to all social club leaders, sponsors, and prospective pledges.
6. Provide mentoring and student training for planning, budget processes and programming for student social club officers, leaders, and sponsors.
7. Develop and provide training for student leaders/officers in the development of club-led activities, projects and methods of communication.
8. Oversee the Inter Social Club Council (ISCC) and its activities.
B. Coordinate scheduling and market all student events, inside and outside of Student Life.
1. Coordinate scheduling and marketing of the student-facing events across Student Life, athletics, Student Government Association, and other organizations across the university.
2. Produce and distribute event information using the suite of marketing tools used to communicate with ACU students (email newsletters, social media, event management software, parent communication tools, Chapel announcements, myACU advertisements, and others as needed).
3. Provide administration and support for student engagement / event management software, including training, reporting, configuration, and user support.
4. Aid in organization of cross-functional committee for event management and coordination, including scheduling of regular meetings and management of agendas.
C. Serve as the building manager for Cullen Auditorium.
1. Manage the Cullen Auditorium calendar and ensure all events are properly scheduled, staffed, and billed (if applicable).
2. Contact each group who schedules Cullen to work through details of use and resource requirements for the facility.
3. Manage staffing and training for Cullen, including sound engineers, lighting techs, and other contractors as needed for each event.
4. Ensure all equipment in the facility is working properly and facilitate repairs and maintenance to those items that require it.
|Professional Development Requirements
A. Skills Required
1. Computer skills, including Web skills.
2. Social Media skills
3. Word Processing
4. Database management
B. Training Modules Required
1. Online budgeting and student information system (Banner)
2. Other professional development needed to attain required skills.
1. Bachelor’s degree required.
2. Ability to organize and implement events.
3. Ability to mentor and advise students.
4. Ability to organize strategic planning and budgeting procedures.
5. A thorough knowledge of the philosophy of student development and of the processes by which leadership is developed.
1. A desire to live, by actions, words and lifestyle, as a Christian role model to students.
2. Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
3. Ability to manage and resolve conflict.
4. Self-confidence and ability to initiate new ideas.
ACU does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, disability, genetic information, national or ethnic origin in employment opportunities, in keeping with applicable state and federal law.
ACU is committed to maintaining a safe and secure campus environment and protecting the university's financial and physical assets. Therefore, Abilene Christian University conducts background checks on all candidates for employment in security sensitive positions.