Athletics Development Officer
Job no: 492505
Work Type: Staff full-time
Categories: Athletics and Recreation
ACU is affiliated with the fellowship of the Church of Christ. All applicants must be professing Christians and willing to support the Christian mission and purpose of Abilene Christian University while employed by the university.
|Title of Position
||Athletics Development Officer
||Abilene Christian University - Abilene Campus
||A. Meet the goals set by the Director of Athletics for annual giving, special initiatives, and Wildcat Club membership.
B. Identify, solicit, and cultivate prospects for annual giving for athletics
C. Develop new sources for fund raising and revenue, including increases in annual giving from current donors and future prospects
D. Grow the membership in the Champions Circle to maintain minimum membership of no less than fifty (50)
E. Continue to develop and assess a list of potential donors
F. Work in a coordinated and collaborative effort with University Development Staff regarding identification, stewardship and proposal development
G. Review reports that assist in the identification of prospects and the stewardship of current donors
H. Supervise the gift acknowledgement procedures for all athletic department gifts
I. Develop and maintain proficiency in use of donor and ticketing systems
J. Meet weekly, monthly and annual contact goals as established by the Director of Athletics. Regularly monitor and report on the progress towards these goals.
K. Continue to follow the best practices for the administration of the development functions, including practices followed by the University Development area related to donor identification, donor solicitation, call reports, and gift accounting practices
L. Work in collaboration with the Deputy AD – External Affairs for managing activities, services, and membership benefits of the Wildcat Club
M. Attend all fundraising coordination meetings applicable to athletics
N. Assist in providing accurate data for materials, publications, awards
O. Assist in facilitating events/receptions that serve as cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship opportunities
P. Work closely with coaches to begin the cultivation process of current student- athletes for future giving
Q. Coordinate special recognition opportunities for donors
R. Communicates with Ticket Manager regarding the placement of season ticket holders when pertinent to major gift projects
S. Coordinate departmental activities as appropriate to advance the University fund raising and marketing objectives
T. Evening and weekend work often required.
U. Frequent travel important part of this position.
|Professional Development Requirements
1. Exceptional communication and organizational skills
2. Knowledge of NCAA and Southland Conference rules.
3. Must be flexible.
5. Strong interpersonal skills.
6. Time management proficiency.
7. Comprehensive decision-making skills.
10. Excellent writing and editing skills.
11. Experience and competence with various software packages; word processing, spread sheets, databases.
B. Training Modules as assigned
1. Communication seminars.
2. Development & Fundraising
3. NCAA compliance seminars.
4. NCAA rules education workshops.
1. Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
2. Thorough knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
3. Previous successful fundraising experience, preferably in athletics at the NCAA Division I level.
1. Ability to communicate and interact easily with people.
2. Flexible and creative.
3. Extremely organized.
4. Good work ethic.
5. Goal oriented and self-motivated.
7. Thorough and accurate.
8. Ability to interact well with faculty, staff, students, prospective student-athletes, administration, and alumni.
9. Strong Christian beliefs demonstrated in a local church.
||A. Able to endure long hours in a variety of work environments.
B. Ability to endure fast-paced schedules.
C. Ability to endure non-traditional working hours.
D. Ability to withstand stressful confrontations.
ACU does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, disability, genetic information, national or ethnic origin in employment opportunities, in keeping with applicable state and federal law.
ACU is committed to maintaining a safe and secure campus environment and protecting the university's financial and physical assets. Therefore, Abilene Christian University conducts background checks on all candidates for employment in security sensitive positions.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend